Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nordox
    • Dec 22, 2007

A ridiculous EMCE thread...

My wife has me keeping my toys in the garage and the rubber band that holds kirks phaser in place was brittle and snapped. I know its not an official part of the toy itself but the phaser wont stay in place now.
  • sauce
    Removed
    • Jun 24, 2007

wait, are you commenting on your wife? your garage? or EMCE's rubberband?!
    or all three!?

Comment

• SoulSinger
      Singer Of Mego Love
      • Oct 22, 2007

The part of the belt where the phaser goes does seem much looser than mego's.

Bob

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

It is loose or in the package?? rubberbands fall apart in no time. Tie it pack in place with a piece of thread, or find another rubberband.

Put your wifes stuff in the garage, and see how she likes it. Then when you're sick of sleeping on the couch, apologise to her and buy her something nice.

Original or not, those phasers never seem to stay in place on their own.
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

It is bigger. Has been since the original trek belts were done. That's why there's an elastic. Surprised it broke. I haven't lost any bands yet. I don't keep my stuff in the garage though. I say bring the toys in and put the wife in the garage overnight. If her arms have fallen off in the morning, it's your garage.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• nordox
            • Dec 22, 2007

Just surprised how it crumble into nothing

Its not a big deal really.
            Yea the garage thing is nutty not sure how to proceed.
            I have sideshow toys. dc direct 1:6 scale too in there. :-(

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Duct the A/C out there, then its a climate controlled garage.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                Career Member
                • Jun 10, 2007

Grow a set and tell they are staying inside the house.
                You got too much $$$ for them to be sitting in the garage.
                Lynn

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

Do you have a guest room or walk in closet? Maybe it's time to turn something into a toy room!
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mr Mego
                    Love to play with Megos
                    • Oct 19, 2003

Put 'em in the garage? no WAY!

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                    Do you have a guest room or walk in closet? Maybe it's time to turn something into a toy room!
                    Yep, that's way I do that in the storage closets. I NEVER put MOC, loose figs and other toys in the garage because of temperature will changing the weather, humidity and moisture will ruining all of the vintage and modern Toys. My mother bought brand new bicycles in her garage for a year, the humidity and moisture ruined her bicycle's fender chrome has minimal rusts spots and other body parts. She gave me one, I cleaned up and rid the minimal rusts off with the Turtle Wax chrome polish and I'm always put my bike inside of my Mobile Home and display in the corner of my living room to keep it mint.
                    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 9, 2008

I would never store my figures in the garage . They would be melted globs of gooey plastic here in Florida. Screw that ! My wife understands thankfully.
                      In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Captain
                        Fighting the good fight!
                        • Jun 17, 2001

In regards to the phaser/elastic issue.....I remove the elastic on all of the EMCE figures I've opened. There are two methods I've found to fit the phaser better. One is pretty dicey, and if your not careful, you will toast the belt...I take a heat gun and go over the phaser hoop for a few seconds (depends on your heat gun output) until it contracts a bit. Works like a charm, and I havent lost any yet.
                        Second, and easier; I attach a piece of velcro tape to the phaser (along the edge of the "type one" phaser) and another piece along the arm that runs down to the hoop. Then mount the phaser emitter end into the hoop and attach the velcro. I have come to prefer this method because:
                        (A) The phaser sits at an angle similar to the way they wore them in the series.
                        (B) Velcro was the "miracle material" used to hold the communicators/phasers/ and medi kits to the costumes on the original series....so I'm upholding the tradition.
                        (C) It's a simple fix that doesnt affect the originality of the figure at all, and there is no fear of damaging anything.
                        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎