X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaga4toyz
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 10, 2004

Castaway toys update on the PHANTOM

I just wanted to give everyone an update where we're at with our phantom project. There is about 5 days left to place your pre-order. We've received tons of support from the mego collectors but we haven't sold enough figures to warrant a regular production run after the pre-orders are filled. Everyone who pre-orders will be getting the figures they ordered. After the pre-orders are filled we cannot guarantee that there will be figures for sale for everyone else. We cannot make a bunch of figures and hope they sell later. We are looking at other avenues and maybe something will pan out later. I don't want people ordering now because they don't think they'll get one later and then being mad later if we work things out. I will say that we don't have a viable plan at this time to do a regular production run. We simply just don't know yet. We have some good Intel that we will have distribution in Australia and New Zealand where the Phantom is much more popular. This would make it possible to make extra figures to sell in the states. The main reason for the update is that we've been swamped with emails from collectors who missed out on the early bird Captain Action figures and now regret not buying them. We hate selling thru pre-orders and many people hate buying pre-orders. But the fact of the matter is this is how we have to do business at this time. I'm not trying to sway people one way or the other, you'll have to make the decision where you want to spend your money. I will say this though, if you want to be 100% sure of getting a Phantom and Achmed figure you better pre-order yours in the next 5 days. If you decide not to, we will still try our best to get these figures on our site later if at all possible. I will also say this that with all the delays we had with the Captain Action and Dr. Eville figures we only had to refund 2 orders and everyone has told us they were well worth the wait. We may not be the fastest but we believe our quality shows every time. I also wanted to thank everyone for their support on the Captain Action and Dr. Eville figures. We sold out of the early birds and are now almost sold out of the regular versions. We are looking at making another batch. You guys have also been keep us busy at the post office sending out parts orders. The bodies sell out every time we get a shipment in and now we're running out of some of the parts. We'll be reordering to stock up again. I've been coming to this board since 1996 (almost 12 years now) and I'm glad to be a part of cool stuff that's been going on in megoland. What an exciting year.
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

Thanks for the update Jason. I am one of those who placed the EB order for the Capt Action and Dr Evil and was totally blown away with how great they were. I have also done the EB order with the Phantom and Achmed. I would highly recommend placing the EB order for the Phantom. I have seen them in persom at megomeet and they are unreal!
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• spotter
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 6, 2008

Thanks for the update -friendly pressure worked. my post xmas spending occured today 2 club memberships on ebay and message to order the 2 pack phantom and achmed
      Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• gaga4toyz
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 10, 2004

Thanks guys. No pressure intended. We're happy with what we've sold so far. We just want everyone to be informed so they can make their decisions based on the facts.

Fact #1 if you order now you will get Phantom and Achmed figures.

Fact #2 if you wait to order your figures later, we may have figures to sell to you or we may not. I'm leaning towards may not right now.

The real interest for larger production runs unfortunately seems to be in other countries.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Question .

Is the Wolf & Guns for the Phantom, only going to be avalible with the Phantom ? . Thanks .
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

Ordered 2 memberships off ebay and will place order for the figures with the coupon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Is low demand why there aren't any preorders on places like Bigbadtoystore?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Did you guys place any ads in Moonstone's comics or on their website?
                Scott

Comment

• censy
                  thread killer
                  • Sep 26, 2007

Thanks for the update. I was one of those who was holding off and was going to wait until he was released. But I can't risk not getting a Phantom. For me, this is the figure I most want, out of all the great new mego-like figures being made.

I am willing to risk missing out on Achmed, I'm trying to watch my spending these days, but I am gambling that I'll be able to get him some time in '09.

I hope sales improve and that you are able to produce many more figures.

Chris

Comment

• spotter
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 6, 2008

Originally posted by gaga4toyz
                    Thanks guys. No pressure intended. We're happy with what we've sold so far. We just want everyone to be informed so they can make their decisions based on the facts.
                    I meant it in the most positive way. I too was not missing out on the phantom
                    Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• David Lee
                      The Fix-it-up Chappie
                      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                      Question .

Is the Wolf & Guns for the Phantom, only going to be available with the Phantom ? . Thanks .
                      Yes. This is as far as we know right now. Devil is up in the air still, but the .45's will be packaged with the Phantom only at this point in time.

To re-iterate what Jason said, we are not pressuring folks to buy. We would feel remiss if we didn't tell you that the possibility of these not being available later is a real danger.

We did place ads in Moonstone books (Chris did these and they looked awesome), and Moonstone generously placed them for us.

We don't usually take pre-orders through other websites until the figures are in hand. It's scary enough with the Early Birds Besides, if everyone gets the bonus stuff it takes away from the whole thing.

Just to re-cap, if you pre-order the EB's you will receive these figures and their variant extras. Otherwise, you might be the only ones who do...

-Dave

Comment

• txteach
                        Banned
                        • Jun 17, 2005

Your stuff looks great and I hope this does not deter you guys from producing more figures in the future. I think I'll buy another set of figures just in case this is their only offering. PLEASE keep up the great work guys.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I had to have the Phantom and happily preordered. That's a biggie for me, I'm super lazy.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Jerry68
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 12, 2008

Thanks for the quality of the figures and parts you produce! I am glad I ordered my 2-pack of Phantom and Achmed. Your service has been outstanding!
                            sigpic

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                              MeGoing
                              • May 14, 2003

Dave...email sent...trying to put order in.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎