X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackkryptonite
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 28, 2006

need ideas or techniques for making a solid Venom emblem

Hey all, I'm looking to make an emblem for a custom venom I'm putting together and I would prefer to have it almost look silk screen on the fabric. I don't want to use paper because of the size of the emblem, i don't really have access to any of that Iron-on stuff and fabric paint by freehand is just too much of a b@tch. I've seen some cool venom and black costume spideys over the years and I'm just wondering what you folks would suggest. thanks - Fred
  • Jerry68
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 12, 2008

Hi,

Your link to the website is not working. Try thatbatmanguy. He has some awesome graphics. I have seen them on other sustoms and they look great.
    sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

You can Buy that Printable Fabric Crap Fred,.. it's a little thicker,... & seems to bend with the fabric rather well,.. no Wrinkles either.

Or You can also Paint it on,.. if you have a Steady Hand.. I know Preacher had some great Success with this method & his Punisher.

Thats all I got.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

I hand painted mine cuz I liked the rough look it created and did the entire suit in fabric paint for the "symbiote" look. Find the particular emblem you want and print it onto some thicker than paper stock. Business card stock or similar works well. You can sometimes get small packages at Dollar Tree in odd colors but it's the thickness and being able to see the emblem that matters. Cut the emblem out and make a template. Put a black bodysuit on a cardboard cutout. I used the body suit pattern as a template for this and adjusted it for size. You just want to stretch the suit. I use that blue styrofoam sheet as a table. Put the suit down and position the emblem template over the suit where you want it. Use pins to hold it all in place. right through the template through the suit and into the styrfoam. Now you can brush fabric paint on. It tends to be a little thicker when you do this. You can use a hard rubber roller like they do when applying ink for a silk screen. You can use a spray on fabric paint in a can or thin out the fabric paint and spray it from an airbrush. Spraying will definately give you a screened look. Remember if spraying to spray straight down on the suit and not at an angle or it will seep under the emblem template. Don't touch it until it's dried. residue on the template will run or bleed if it's wet in my experience. Venom's logo is fairly straight forward and not to difficult to work with. Find it online and adjust it for size until it's right. You don't need a great clean image just something with the right lines that you can cut out. With some calculating you can flip the suit and do the back the same way. Just line up the logo lines at the side seams of the body suit after the front has dried.
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 28, 2006

Thanks guys, these are all some great ideas and some things I have not considered before. I think I'm just a little rusty with my creativity but lucky for me I have enough surplus black to play around (mess up) with to get something going. I'll keep you all posted!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Fred, I bet I have a Hasbro 9 inch Black Spidey suit that might be usable for you with a little work.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎