X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deej62879
    • May 28, 2007

Fixing wonder woman's hair?

Hi,
    Does anyone have any tips for ways to tame the hair on my wonder woman figure? I'd like to get that "flip" back.
    Thanks.
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

Wash it thoroughly in warm soapy water, then comb it CAREFULLY with a fine-toothed comb.

Comment

• RG
      Removed.
      • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by ABMAC
      Wash it thoroughly in warm soapy water, then comb it CAREFULLY with a fine-toothed comb.
      and if that doesn't get the flip back ... do the same thing again, but use a pen or pencil to roll the hair back into the flip style as the hair air dries

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I've got a doll hairbrush that's pretty good for combing hair. Maybe find a cheapie fashion doll accessory set for the brushes.

Don C.

Comment

• glenn1441
          • Nov 4, 2007

Working with rooted, synthetic doll hair...

Originally posted by deej62879
          Hi,
          Does anyone have any tips for ways to tame the hair on my wonder woman figure? I'd like to get that "flip" back.
          Thanks.
          Professional wig makers and wig stylists use hot steam to work with both synthetic and human hair wigs. The steam adds just the right amount of heat to relax the strands. Purchase a good CONTINUOUS (not pump activated) hand held steamer. While steaming, continuously run a fine tooth comb or doll comb brush AGAINST the hair, gradually pulling the comb deeper into the hair mass, roots to ends -- always roots to ends. Gentle, gentle, gentle! Don't hold the steamer, or allow the steam, too close to the hair. For a 12" doll head, 5-minutes should suffice. Next, GENTLY brush the hair without pulling the brush through the hair. Rather, rest the brush against the hair. In a sense, this step buffs and shines the hair. To reactivate the 'flip,' try garbage bag twists wrapped in crepe paper, or even toilet tissue. Let sit a day, then gently brush (against hair, not through it) to desired shaped. If frizz remains, try acrylic plastics cleaning and shining spray, which you can purchase from any good plastics dealer (yellow pages) or a well stocked hardware store. However, never spray such a formula directly to the hair. Rather, spray a light even coat half an arm's length from a fine tooth comb or hair brush. Blot quickly with a paper towel, to remove excess (you don't want to grease up Diana's hair!). The move the comb from roots to end, section by section. This last suggestion calls for the lightest of touches. But the steam should do the trick (steam also removes dirt and grime build up, so washing with soap and water might not be necessary... doll hair such as that used by MEGO often had a slight chemical spray applied before wrapping the doll head/hair with a cellophane band, to maintain softness. The acrylic shine spray used to clean and shine acrylic plastic or Plexiglas sort of replenishes that finishing spray, softening the hair and removing frizz.
          Hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎