• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Airdave817
    Satellite Monitor Duty
    • May 31, 2007

Figure Display

Longtime fan, first time poster.

I have a few loose figures that I've kept in pretty good shape. I'm looking for a way to display them. Maybe something to set on a shelf. Any ideas on how to display figures like Captain America and his mighty shield? I'd kinda like to pose them for display.

Thanks!
    Shameless self-promotion -
    Earth-Dave
    KROC-FM
    Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Welcome to the boards!

For posing it is nice to have the figure stands that have a circular base with a post behind the figure and two wires that grab th ewaist. These come in metal and plastic. most are white. i have seen clear plastic.

barbie isles are a great place to find thse - though for the smaller scale megos it is better to use smaller stands.

fabricating your own wire stands out of coat hanger or similar metal is a great cheep way to do it. make a circle for the base turn the wire up at the back of the circle at 3.5 to four inches up leave enough to wrap it aroun a waste. shorter bases can work too by wrapping the wire aroun one calf or ankle.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

welcome to the boards buddy,I'm sure if you look in the section where people have the pictures of there collections you could get some great ideas
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Welcome and glad to see your post! I use small doll stands. You can usually find them for around $1 each at a Michaels Crafts Store. when you get them all posed it would be great to see a picture.

Comment

• ABMAC
          User
          • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by toys2cool
          welcome to the boards buddy,I'm sure if you look in the section where people have the pictures of there collections you could get some great ideas
          He doesn't have access to that area.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard. You may also wanna get a glass display case from Ikea to display your figures in, keeps out the dust
            And they're pretty cheap too
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• txteach
              Banned
              • Jun 17, 2005

I have shelves. They work fine for me.

Comment

• Airdave817
                Satellite Monitor Duty
                • May 31, 2007

Thanks for the ideas!

I have shelves too, but I have been looking for a reason to get a display case for the figures. Any reason to go to Michaels and Ikea.

I've thought of maybe carving a hole in the wall and mounting a fish tank with the figures inside for display. The only drawback is that I am less handy than Tim Taylor.

I'm probably looking for the cheaper stands to get started then maybe the clear ones to go from there.

Thanks again!
                Shameless self-promotion -
                Earth-Dave
                KROC-FM
                Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I've got a bunch of them cheap stands; I get mine at the local dollar store. (They haven't asked why I buy them 20 at a time... although someone DID ask why I needed 40 foam rubber missiles...) I set them up on a set of shelves for display AND to keep track of them. Every so often I'll take down a bunch and pose them in my city. (The current theme is "Dredd gets NO respect.")

Don C.

Comment

• VintageMike
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2004

There should be some stuff if you go the "member's categories" of the user galleries. Here's mine. It has both my old set up and my new one since I just got a display case myself.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎