Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Live Action, anyone looking foward to it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

Star Wars Live Action, anyone looking foward to it?

I hear in 2009 that there will be a live action Star Wars series which will focus on 4 different story lines which are all set just before the construction of the first death star, the stories will revolve around Boba Fett and a handful of Jedi.

Has anyone heard anything about it? Honestly I can't wait to see how it turns out (being a big star wars fan), but I would rather George Lucas blow his budget on some new Star Wars movie instead of a TV series (which I hear he is doing in the next decade).

Anyone else know about this?
    I the Monster Hero
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I'd love to see a series; but I don't like that they're tying it in with the main continuity and using established characters. I'd much prefer to see what OTHER people did in that setting during that time.

You'd think in the whole galaxy SOMEONE else would have done something interesting.....

Don C.

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

I'm just looking forward to the toy spaceships. Maybe now they'll make a Blocade Runner model kit after all.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I'm VERY much looking forward to it! Lucas has already stated...that We wouldn't see too many of the Main Character's(Luke, Han, etc...)...but We MUST see Darth Vader & the Emperor! After all...it's about Them taking over, and trying to wipe out the last of the "Old Republic".
        sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

I'd love to see this as well,can't wait
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

I'm not too sure about it. I think George has milked the Star Wars cow dry
            with the six films. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks to the Lego Star Wars game, my kid has become a Star Wars nut. So he'll love this, and it will give us something to watch together. Well, as long as it's not deadly dull like the Young Indy TV show. Besides a few of the Teen Indy ones and that episode with Ford, that show was a snorefest.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Since SW was inspired by the Flash Gordon seials, I wonder if it will be a serial type thing for tv. So, if it is set right before the construction of the Deathstar, does it take place before the end of Revenge? They showed the DS beginning construction at the end of the movie.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

I hate Boba Fett

I always have

You'd think the fan-boy fascination with him would have dissipated by now.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I like Boba and Jango, The incompetence of both explains why all the cloned stormtroopers can't hit a 8 foot tall Wookie.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MegoNinja
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Since SW was inspired by the Flash Gordon seials, I wonder if it will be a serial type thing for tv. So, if it is set right before the construction of the Deathstar, does it take place before the end of Revenge? They showed the DS beginning construction at the end of the movie.
                      I believe that this is set between episode 4 and episode 3 and will show the problems that the Empire has building it
                      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ What, like labor disputes and ever increasing materials costs?

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

You "hate" Boba Fett Mike?

The guy appears in the original trilogy for like a total of 5 minutes.

Don't hate the player----hate the game

Don't blame Boba if the fanboys find his cool costume and "Han Solo grabbing"
                          ways fascinating

---in other words: Don't hate 'im cause he's Bobaful

Okay, okay, Mike---I've got that out of my system

As far as anything new Star Wars-wise, I'll take it as it comes

I thought the Clone Wars cartoons were pretty boring---but ya never know what might get whipped up

altho' I found that Shadows Of The Empire book pretty odd---I was always
                          hoping they'd film an animated version of that---just causea all the familliar
                          characters, and that it took place right before Return Of The Jedi

or maybe that Splinter Of The Minds Eye book that took place right before Empire------that was cool
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by MegoNinja
                            I would rather George Lucas blow his budget on some new Star Wars movie
                            Good gawd not again.
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              I like Boba and Jango, The incompetence of both explains why all the cloned stormtroopers can't hit a 8 foot tall Wookie.

LOL!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎