X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Khan cracks

Has anyone had trouble posing their Emce Khan?

It's a killer figure, but the shoulders are tight & when I tried to lift the arms laterally, the torso cracked.

Still nice, still displayable, but not too poseable
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

I don't have a Khan but I have had Doc's torsos crack when trying to pose them. I had to throw two bodies away this past month. I suppose that I could have glued them back together though.
    Scott

Comment

• txteach
      Banned
      • Jun 17, 2005

The arms are very tight. Same thing for the new soldier ape figure.

Comment

• Robin NY
        Museum Super Collector
        • Nov 13, 2008

notices that the arms are tight also, haven't checked for cracks, do u have to remove the shirt or will the thing literally slip apart??

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

that sucks
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mr Mego
            Love to play with Megos
            • Oct 19, 2003

Oh, no... sorry to heard that.

I checked my loose one is fine when I lifted 2 arms up and down 3 times, I don't see any crack marks on the Khan, his upper arms are tight too.

I have 2 MOC (factory sealed) Khans, one looks great and one has left lower leg curved, If I open it then I can heat it with boiling water, will straighten the leg back to normal, I have done that to my POTA figs, works great.

Also, I had one Mego body torso sides had cracked, I put superglued in the crack line then I put metal with rubber clams on the torso for a day then it's strong and never crack again.
            Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

You know if yous guys are playing with them,.. you could re-string them.
              btw if someone needs a Doc Torso, lmk... I might have a few lying around.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I thought about replacing the torso, but it's a reddish tan to match the head, & Khan's chest shows.

(Damn Montalban & his chest, showin' off just like in ST II: WOK).
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 10, 2007

All eleven of my EMCE's have cracked and broke in the shoulders,some one side some both sides, when I tried to move the arms in that way.

You would think I would learn not to move them in that postion, but with everyone I opened I hoped the posing/cracking issue has been fixed, but notta.
                  I'll still get them though.

Lynn

Comment

• drmego
                    EMCE Toys
                    • Jun 15, 2001

Torso cracking

The torso will not break open since there are key inside the chest cavity
                    to provide extra support. The torsos are made from ABS plastic - you can
                    re-seal them with a glue made for ABS. Check a hardware store or Lowe's
                    or Home Depot.

I'm glad to hear that some people are opening Khan.
                    www.drmego.com
                    www.megoman.com
                    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 10, 2007

I'll try that, I've had mixed results with super glue, sometimes it holds and sometimes it dosn't.

I open all my figures, gotta release them guys.

Lynn

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

I thought the tight shoulder/arm issue had been fixed???
                        I know my last EMCE McCoy just fell apart after opening(the elastic was snapped)Easy fix but still,there has to be better rubber than those thin little white ones with the loop at each end?
                        I have scotty,keeper and mugato wrapped up for my sons christmas presents so I haven't seen any other emces figs in person for awhile.
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                          Removed.
                          • Jun 14, 2008

So does this mean that the drmego bodies really are everything they're cracked up to be?
                          Sorry, couldn't resist.

Rich

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

Yes they are...LOL
                            I have never ever had one crack.Just tight arms and one broke elastic.You can bank on the doc, his figs are top notch.
                            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

I find they are very sturdy to display BUT if you try to raise the arms it is difficult. I did break one a couple years ago by raising the arms. I suggest following Bazooka Joe's advice:

Kid: Hey Doc (Mego) it hurts (breaks) when I go like this.
                              Doctor: Don't go like that.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎