• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego boy CA
    megos are FUN!!
    • Mar 30, 2006

Anyone Into Captain Action

Hey,
    is anyone into captain action toys? i am, i totally dig them. i first saw one as a kid when my dad bought me one at a five in dime store on clearence! and thought they were way cool! still do! i only own a few but i think their great figures. second to megos of course.
    sigpic
    "To The Batmobile!"
    "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I use to like them alot,I had actually acquired a a great collection and sold them for crap on ebay

But yeah they are real cool figures,Those super hero costumes are the best part
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• mego boy CA
      megos are FUN!!
      • Mar 30, 2006

yeah, i have superman, captain america, and the phantom.
      sigpic
      "To The Batmobile!"

Comment

• jayihdz
        aaaggghhhh!
        • Mar 6, 2007

I was missing the Superman belt. I just got it today!! Well not just one....two....

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

I've always been fascinated by them as "Mego's Dad", but they were before my time and too pricey for me to collect. Even the repro stuff seems to be pretty expensive when you compare it to Mego.

I'm hoping one day to own a Spiderman.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

One day I'd like to get a Batman and Robin, but that's as far as my love for CA goes
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I first heard of them in Greenberg's Guide To Super Hero Toys WAY back in 1988. I lusted after them, but I figured I would never be able to touch them. Then, sometimes in the early 90s, my future wife found a huge CA costume lot at a flea market. Most of Batman's outfit (minus his face mask), Captain Action's suit and hat, Action Boy's suit, Superboys' suit and mask, Robin's cape, and the Phantom's skull cap, plus other sundry parts. That was a good start for me!

Since then I've really only picked up more pieces for my Batman, as well as several of the PM reissue pieces, but I'd love to finishe off my Robin. That cape haunts me.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

One of My Nephews had Spiderman, when I was a Kid...I wanted one sooooo bad...but never got one.
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I was born in the mid 60's but by the time I was really ready to start playing with action figures, Joe was pretty much the bully on the block, until Mego's came along and steam rolled everything on the map! I do have one of the original figures in his original box complete. I also have one loose which I use to display my Batman outfit. That's about all I have with regards to the original line up because prices are a little too steep for my blood. I do have the entire Playing Mantis series including the costumes because I knew they would be a valued collectible in no time and that has proven to be true. I'm disappointed they didn't sale better because they were getting ready to release a Speed Racer costume set. I have pics of the prototype and it's simply sweet. I tip my hat to the effort Playing Mantis gave to this series though. I think it was a great tribute to the first modern day era super-hero action figure.
                  Last edited by MIB41; Jun 29, '07, 9:18 PM.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 10, 2007

I never new the series existed until I saw them in a early 90's edition Tomarts Digest book.
                    Great figures and out fits, I loved them from what I saw! I wish I had them as a kid.

I got the PM CA and Dr. Evil figures in the late 90's. I just got the PM Kato and Green Hornet window box outfits for $14 for both off eBay.

I do want to get CA and Dr. Evil in the Diamond exclusive old style boxes and I want to get Action Boy in his old style box also.

If anyone has a PM CA Action boy with his box FS, please LMK.

Lynn
                    Last edited by Lynn TXP 0369; Jul 1, '07, 9:54 AM.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

I have repro boxes of the Ideal CA and AB line if anyone is interested in those.
                      JUst drop a PM.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 10, 2007

PM sent...
                        Lynn

Comment

• mego boy CA
                          megos are FUN!!
                          • Mar 30, 2006

Captain action had so many killer outfits it's hard to get everything they came with. that's what makes them great tho.
                          repo boxes sound cool.
                          sigpic
                          "To The Batmobile!"

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍