• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

List your ten LEAST favorite Superhero films

Oh, here we go!!!

1. Catwoman...oh dear God almighty, Halle Berry should be banned from appearing in movies forever, come on woman, you already played a superchick (Storm). Why this travesty? Oh Sharon Stone, how the mighty have fallen.
    2. Batman & Robin...All I'm going to say is that I'm not a big fan of Batbutts and Batnipples, nuff said.
    3. Roger Corman's Fantastic Four...I took it easy with this one and only listed it at number three, I'm in a feel good mode right now, lol.
    4. Captain America...that stupid motorcycle helmet just killed it for me, or was that the television Captain America one, oh, who really cares anyway.
    5. Elektra...yawn.
    6. The Punisher (with Dolph Lundgren)...lifeless Lundgren in a lifeless movie (I prefer the remake which I actually liked, lol)
    7. Daredevil...the only thing I fear is watching a remake with Ben Affleck again
    8. Batman Forever...I just HATE Joel Schumacher (who claims he's a true Batman fan), period.
    9. Ghost Rider...Nicholas Cage finally get a superhero role, I hope it's his bloody last one.
    10.A tie between Superman III & IV...it did featured the wonderful Chris Reeves but what a couple of disasters for him, so sad.

Dishonorable mention, Spider-Man T.V. movie (but gets a brake because it was not a theatrical film release).

Your turn!

Last edited by Hector; Jun 26, '07, 7:34 PM.
    sigpic
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

From least favorite to "it's okay, I guess". Just big screen, super heroes from comics movies.

1. Batman and Robin: The biggest super hero train wreck, full of people who should have known better. I just wish poor Clooney didn't accept the full blame for this. With the right direction and script, he would have been the best of the 3 Batmen of this series, I think. Listen carefully during the "Bat-credit card" scene. You can hear the flushing sound of a multi-million dollar franchise going down the toilet.
    2. The Hulk: Whatever this is, it ain't a Hulk movie. There's glimmers of Hulk in there. Bana isn't bad. The desert scene is cool. That's it. An arthouse film with a big budget, and no common sense.
    3. Fantastic Four (Corman version): Those poor people. I finally saw this a few months back. It's as bad as the legends say. But they had no budget, so I hold B&R and Hulk more accountable!
    4. Catwoman: I haven't actually made it through this one all the way. It's horrid. But I understand they were going for some camp flavor, so it's partially bad on purpose. But that's still no excuse. Berry does look pretty hot though.

5. Superman IV: Reeve got suckered. His budget got slashed. His movie was edited together with a Garden Weasel. He's in at as Superman though, and the farm scenes in Smallville ring true. That's about it.

6. Elektra: It's almost a good movie, then it falls apart at the end. Plus it's just kind of..why? Why make this? Like Catwoman.

7. Batman Returns: Pfiffer ALMOST saves this movie. Her chemsitry with Keaton is good. Devito's Penguin is played well, but he's just too frickin' gross. Burton run lose with licensed characters. He's much better on his own quirky material. Thank God he never got to screw over Superman too.

8. Batman Forever: Once upon a time, I really liked this movie, and I even liked it better than the 89 movie. Kilmer was more appropriately cast as Batman. O'Donnel was fine as an older Robin. The "Dynamic Duo" vibe with them was good. But Carrey ate the scenery, Jones thought he was on the 60s TV show, and Schumacher was starting to think that way. The beginning of the end.

9. Superman III: This movie isn't as bad as folks let on, really. Richard Pryor shouldn't have come within 10 feet of a Superman movie, but the Superman/Clark battle, and Clark/Lana make it worth watching. At least on DVD, where you can skip all the Pryor/Vaughn parts.

10. Batman (1989): I was there guys, so don't flame me too hard for this. I was 14 in 1989. I bought all the Bat-crap. I bought Keaton as Bats at the time. But the movie doesn't hold up. It's sloppily made. Burton was still a bit green maybe, to tackle a flick like this. Nicholson was good as the Joker, even if he was too old and too pudgy, but he rode roughshot all over the title character. Brando and Hackman got top billing in Superman, but Reeve flew away with the movie. The soundtrack is Elfman's best work though.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

1.Fantastic Four (Corman version)
      2.Vampirella
      3.Catwoman
      4.Captain America
      5.Howard the Duck
      6.Batman Forever/Batman and Robin
      7.All the Crow movies that followed the great first one.
      8.Superman 4
      9.The Punisher(Dolph Lundren)
      10.The Hulk

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Least favorite?
        I have "non superhero" movies like Memento, Matrix or English Patient or
        Dungeons & Dragons or Pluto Nash or Bourne "whatever"---I reallly didn't like those,
        and you couldn't pay me to watch 'em again--

As far as actual superhero movies -----I would have to give
        only one answer:
        Ang Lee's HULK

I mean, I can't think of any others that I really just don't want to watch at all
        (out of the ones I've seen)
        Last edited by huedell; Jun 26, '07, 9:39 PM.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

1) Captain America (Albert Pyun version)
          2) Batman and Robin
          3) Batman Forever (nice Joker Tommy Lee Jones)
          4) The Hulk
          5) Superman 3
          6) Catwoman
          7) Batman Returns - The Penguin is not a monster Tim Burton
          8) Elektra- Who cares?
          9) Steel- A 300 pound, 7 foot tall man in a suit of armour running around. Brilliant! Hire a fricking actor next time!
          10) Blade 2
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

"Batman (1989): I was there guys, so don't flame me too hard for this. "

Regardless of the heavy Bataphiles who cringe at things most audiences
            wouldn't notice----this movie was one of the biggest
            phenonemons of movie history, and, personally, I don't think
            you have any reason to be ashamed of enjoying it.

Many of us did.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Catwoman sucked ***

Fantastic 4 part 1

Lee's Hulk

wow am I the only one who liked the Punisher with Dolph ?
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

"Catwoman sucked ***"

if only

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
                  wow am I the only one who liked the Punisher with Dolph ?
                  Hopefully yes.

Seriously man, that movie sucks, it makes the remake look like Casablanca.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  From least favorite to "it's okay, I guess". Just big screen, super heroes from comics movies.

1. Batman and Robin: The biggest super hero train wreck, full of people who should have known better. I just wish poor Clooney didn't accept the full blame for this. With the right direction and script, he would have been the best of the 3 Batmen of this series, I think. Listen carefully during the "Bat-credit card" scene. You can hear the flushing sound of a multi-million dollar franchise going down the toilet.
                  2. The Hulk: Whatever this is, it ain't a Hulk movie. There's glimmers of Hulk in there. Bana isn't bad. The desert scene is cool. That's it. An arthouse film with a big budget, and no common sense.
                  3. Fantastic Four (Corman version): Those poor people. I finally saw this a few months back. It's as bad as the legends say. But they had no budget, so I hold B&R and Hulk more accountable!
                  4. Catwoman: I haven't actually made it through this one all the way. It's horrid. But I understand they were going for some camp flavor, so it's partially bad on purpose. But that's still no excuse. Berry does look pretty hot though.

5. Superman IV: Reeve got suckered. His budget got slashed. His movie was edited together with a Garden Weasel. He's in at as Superman though, and the farm scenes in Smallville ring true. That's about it.

6. Elektra: It's almost a good movie, then it falls apart at the end. Plus it's just kind of..why? Why make this? Like Catwoman.

7. Batman Returns: Pfiffer ALMOST saves this movie. Her chemsitry with Keaton is good. Devito's Penguin is played well, but he's just too frickin' gross. Burton run lose with licensed characters. He's much better on his own quirky material. Thank God he never got to screw over Superman too.

8. Batman Forever: Once upon a time, I really liked this movie, and I even liked it better than the 89 movie. Kilmer was more appropriately cast as Batman. O'Donnel was fine as an older Robin. The "Dynamic Duo" vibe with them was good. But Carrey ate the scenery, Jones thought he was on the 60s TV show, and Schumacher was starting to think that way. The beginning of the end.

9. Superman III: This movie isn't as bad as folks let on, really. Richard Pryor shouldn't have come within 10 feet of a Superman movie, but the Superman/Clark battle, and Clark/Lana make it worth watching. At least on DVD, where you can skip all the Pryor/Vaughn parts.

10. Batman (1989): I was there guys, so don't flame me too hard for this. I was 14 in 1989. I bought all the Bat-crap. I bought Keaton as Bats at the time. But the movie doesn't hold up. It's sloppily made. Burton was still a bit green maybe, to tackle a flick like this. Nicholson was good as the Joker, even if he was too old and too pudgy, but he rode roughshot all over the title character. Brando and Hackman got top billing in Superman, but Reeve flew away with the movie. The soundtrack is Elfman's best work though.

Chris
                  I love your reviews, lol, good stuff Chris.

Last edited by Hector; Jun 26, '07, 9:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

1. The Hulk
                    2. Catwoman
                    3. Superman IV
                    4. Superman III
                    5. Batman and Robin
                    6. Batman Forever
                    7. Daredevil
                    8. Fantastic Four
                    9. Fantatsic Four 2
                    10. Batman Returns
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

I've purposely avoided some of the ones I've heard are the worst (Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Corman's F4, Superman 3 & 4), but here goes.

1. Elektra
                      2. The Punisher (latest version)
                      3. Ghost Rider
                      4. Fantastic 4 (not the Corman)
                      5. The Punisher (Dolph Lungren version)
                      None of the rest are terrible, just mediocre
                      6. X- Men 3
                      7. Batman Returns
                      8. Superman Vs. the Mole Men
                      9. Batman: The Movie
                      10. The Hulk

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

In no particular order:

Supergirl
                        Superman iV
                        Hulk
                        Catwoman
                        Elektra
                        Blade 3
                        Batman and Robin (starbuk has this on his favorites?)
                        The first batman Serial
                        Captain America Serial
                        Captain America pilot movie (yes I agree this may not be fair because it was on a TV budget)

PS the corman FF was as good as the piece of c tim story put out in 04.
                        and the Lundgren punisher was better than the non heroic garbage that jane appeared in.
                        and Steel was an ejoyable family movie starring a guy who looks the part and loves the character - so i forgive his acting ability and other probs of the movie

There are many otehr really bad supero hero movies that we have all forgotten because they don't carry name brands. we are less forgiving with the characters we love. Think about it - if the movie is a new hero that is good (incredibles) we remember if it is bad (did anyone list super x girlfriend? -this wasn't bad but I myself can't come up with one right now How about Black Scorpion 2?.
                        Last edited by Brue; Jun 26, '07, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• highquality
                          #1 Super Guy
                          • Jun 10, 2003

Nick Fury: Agent of Shield Hasslehoff Ewww
                          Hulk
                          Catwoman
                          Batman and Robin
                          Batman Forever
                          Batman Returns
                          X-Men 3
                          Daredevil
                          Superman 4
                          Punisher-> Lundgren
                          WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Goblin19
                            8. Superman Vs. the Mole Men
                            Often mis-titled. It is Superman and the Mole Men
                            The whole point of the movie was every on eelse was against the mole men Superman wanted to help them.

PS I like this movie - Besides being well made on a shoestring budget, it spawned one of the greatest TV series ever.

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

I think you guys have pretty much covered the spectrum on suckass Superhero movies/tv.

The only things I can think to add are the Generation X and Justice League Pilot movies.

I'm actually suprised that Supergirl doesn't show up on more of your lists.

Technically not Superheroes, but Swamp Thing, Return of the Swamp Thing, Man Thing and Howard the Duck all have their places reserved in cinema-hell.

I recently rewatched Superman III as part of the gigantuan Superman DVD boxset I got for Christmas and I was struck by the fact that it's not a very good Superman film, but it's a pretty decent Richard Pryor movie (if that makes sense). Kind of like George Reeves appearance on I Love Lucy would make an awful episode of the Superman TV show, but was pretty entertaining within the context of I Love Lucy.

Superman IV has been turned into a drink coaster on the coffee table.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎