X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nordox
    • Dec 22, 2007

Star Trek & Diamond

I don't really understand Diamond.
    I mean I just saw this new Amok Time 2 pack with those cast 6" figures. I really get annoyed buying the same figure with an extra costume addition or something.

Am I the only one that feels like they should take the EMCE stuff full gear instead of that other line?

I would think I was in the right place to here that the 8" retro line is king but really what is the story? Imagine getting an EMCE of each figure that 6" diamond line is including. (Next Gen, DS9 etc)
  • Lynn TXP 0369
    Career Member
    • Jun 10, 2007

Gotta link so we know what your talking about?

Lynn

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

I know what He's talking about and I agree...I HATE all the solid cast Crap! But I think the problem isn't Diamond...but that Paramount Studios is into multiple Licensing. On the other Hand...if they weren't, EMCE might not have been able to get the License in the first place.
      sigpic

Comment

• blastphemey
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 11, 2008

yes i agree....

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Well,.. there is no New Trek Toys announced for the new Movie from EMCE & Doc yet,... in which in my Opinion is rather disapointing... only 3&3/4 inch, 12inch & 6inch figures.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
            Well,.. there is no New Trek Toys announced for the new Movie from EMCE & Doc yet,... in which in my Opinion is rather disapointing... only 3&3/4 inch, 12inch & 6inch figures.

Hmm....I see Custom possibilities with either Head shrinks, or "enlargements"...to 8" Mego scale!!
            sigpic

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

I think Playmates has an exclusive license for the new movie.....Diamond's license only applies to the pre-Abrams Trek stuff.

Just pray, Playmates doesnt wrangle that license away from Diamond!!!!
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
                Hmm....I see Custom possibilities with either Head shrinks, or "enlargements"...to 8" Mego scale!!
                Stuff like that should be made in this scale to obtain serious popularity imo.
                Something current & relevent with today's marketing should be made in this formate instead of all this past stuff that kids today don't even Identify with.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                  Stuff like that should be made in this scale to obtain serious popularity imo.
                  Something current & relevent with today's marketing should be made in this formate instead of all this past stuff that kids today don't even Identify with.

Preaching to the Choir My Friend! If You want to sell Me a Figure...then make it in the 8" Mego stlye! I've rid Myself of just about all solid Plastic Figures now...and don't even bother going down the Toy Isle anymore, because nothing there interests Me.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

Diamond is likely just selling whatever their manufacturers can come out with that does better than break even.

Comment

• nordox
                      • Dec 22, 2007

Diamond Trek

Is there a stance on comparison to the EMCE sales compared to the 6" line. For example, Captain Kirk to Captain Kirk. I am sorry but we all know that whether if we are talking about MEGO or EMCE, the Spock for example is a toy that been tested and enjoyed for ages.

Compared to the plastic spock, which just keeps showing up does anyone really play or enjoy? I bet 1/2 of them are kept in the box for collectability.

If this went across the board then we would see Picard, Mirror Universe, etc.

And I dont see any playsets coming out for the all plastic guys so lets add that in to this.

:-)

But then on the other hand, they are making 3 foot toys now i mean what is going on over there?

Comment

• johnmiic
                        Adrift
                        • Sep 6, 2002

I have to say I think Diamond has been very brave in diversifying the Trek merchandise. The 6" figures are super-detailed and highly realistic in their depcition of the cast. The Megos are retro and carry that nostalgic feel of a simpler time. The new 8" characters look great. James Brady is living out a dream of sculpting new Trek characters-professionally. I wish I could do it myself. He always seems to strike the right balance. I think since a variety of scales are used for all action figures you will always see 3 & 3/4, 5, 6, 8 & 12 inch figures for all the familiar Trek characters. The 6" Diamond/Art Asylum Trek line will probably go on for a long time regardless. Art Asylum was jones-ing for that Trek liscence for years. They said they have a file cabinet full of potential merchandising ideas.

I am gratified we have so much great merch coming out at all. The Trek franchise is in dire straights. No other company would have multiple Trek figure lines simultaneously as well as replica props/toys and a long line of accurate starships. There is no tv show on the air and the new film was delayed to next spring. A very risky gamble, indeed, to produce classic characters. We have yet to see what Playmates will be releasing in connection with the new Trek film. Will they look like Diamonds 6" line? Or a continuation of the calssic 5" line? Will they make their own Megos or let Diamond collaborate with EMCE to do that? I can't wait to find out.
                        Last edited by johnmiic; Nov 28, '08, 2:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎