X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MirrorSpock
    8" Star Trek Guru
    • May 7, 2004

Any HDTV Experts Out There?

My TV is on the fritz, and I need someone knowledgeable about such things to diagnose it for me, and to tell me what it's going to take to fix it.

I have had a 65" Mitsubishi rear-projection HDTV for five years now, and it hasn't given me a moment's trouble...until this morning.

I turn on my TV and find that the green is all screwed up. The red and blue lenses appear to be focused and calibrated perfectly, but the green is strangely "pinched" on the left.

The left two-thirds of the screen has the green portion of the image arcing upwards from the bottom, and arcing downwards from the top. I've turned it on and off several times, reset the calibration to the factory defaults, and even rebooted the entire TV, but nothing helps.

Anybody have any idea what might be wrong, how t fix it, and what it's gonna cost me? I'm fairly handy with a screwdriver, but I don't relish taking the back off of that TV unless I KNOW going in that I can fix it. Any expertise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by MirrorSpock
    My TV is on the fritz, and I need someone knowledgeable about such things to diagnose it for me, and to tell me what it's going to take to fix it.

I have had a 65" Mitsubishi rear-projection HDTV for five years now, and it hasn't given me a moment's trouble...until this morning.

I turn on my TV and find that the green is all screwed up. The red and blue lenses appear to be focused and calibrated perfectly, but the green is strangely "pinched" on the left.

The left two-thirds of the screen has the green portion of the image arcing upwards from the bottom, and arcing downwards from the top. I've turned it on and off several times, reset the calibration to the factory defaults, and even rebooted the entire TV, but nothing helps.

Anybody have any idea what might be wrong, how t fix it, and what it's gonna cost me? I'm fairly handy with a screwdriver, but I don't relish taking the back off of that TV unless I KNOW going in that I can fix it. Any expertise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin
    5 years is a pretty long time for a projection TV without any maintenance. I would guess its time for new bulbs.

Comment

• highquality
      #1 Super Guy
      • Jun 10, 2003

Sounds like the Green CRT has some sort of issue. They can be replaced. Not sure of the actual cost though.
      WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎