X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

All About Donkey Kong

Like a lot of kids, I was arcade obsessed in 1982, I even recall buying magazines about Donkey Kong. The kid who got Colecovision could guarentee popularity for much of 1983 (this expired by '84)
    Those table top arcade games by Coleco that inspired hours of drooling for me. I remember really liking the commercials featuring "Video Man", who would use his powers to shrink the arcade games to table top size.

The years have not been kind to Video Man, with his supercuts hairstyle and silver members only jacket he looks kind of like a dorky uncle you avoid at family reunions. Again, the memory cheats...

Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

He looks like someone who would show up at Andrew Dice Clay's family reunion. But yeah,you're right about the Colecovision. I wanted that so bad. That or either the Atari 2600 or 5200. I wound up with an Intellivision instead. Was suppose to get the table top version of Donkey Kong. I remember when Ames had them on sale. My father wound up getting a raincheck but never picked it up.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

I remember the first time I saw Donkey Kong, it was in a bowling alley is Lake Forrest, CA. We thought it was cool. I now have an Atari 2600, (and yes, it's hooked up to my TV) along w/ Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong, Jr.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 1, 2005

Loved Donkey Kong, always wanted that tabletop game and never got it. I had the tabletop Pac-Man and Tron games. At least I had the Atari 2600 Donkey Kong game to satisfy my needs.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎