Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nordox
    • Dec 22, 2007

EMCE better than collecting Vintage

Well yknow I put my apes side by side and they're really perfect. Well, yknow I really like them better than the old ones with that string holding them together making them unable to really stand.

For the museums the Megos are greatest historically, but as these are toys, toys we all have enjoyed for years, The EMCE soldier ape has rank over the other guy in the ape army at this house at least. :-)
  • vulcan2074
    Live Long and Prosper
    • Mar 23, 2008

I'm Vintage all the way
    Sammy

Comment

• kryptosmaster
      Removed.
      • Jun 14, 2008

Are you high?
      LOL
      J/K but I agree with vulcan.
      If you grew up with Megos there is no substitute for the real thing.
      The only emces that may ever end up in my collection would be the ones that are not copies of original Megos. Unless there was some smoking deal that I couldn't pass up for some reason.
      I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the real Mego Corp is coming back.
      Besides, only Type 1's had string. Type 2's should be the same construction as the emces as far as I know.
      Rich

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
        I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the real Mego Corp is coming back.
        Rich

I think your not ever going to get anything closer to Mego Corp coming back...than EMCETOYS. I mean...other than the name Mego(which I believe Marty Abrams tried to aquire and couldn't)what more could anyone do?They're using the same Molds(or at least Molds cast from the Originals).What in your opinion, could make them more Mego?
        sigpic

Comment

• txteach
          Banned
          • Jun 17, 2005

what is the deal with the yknows? I have never seen that before. I think collecting is great the the chase for vintage gives me a rush.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
            Removed.
            • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
            I think your not ever going to get anything closer to Mego Corp coming back...than EMCETOYS. I mean...other than the name Mego(which I believe Marty Abrams tried to aquire and couldn't)what more could anyone do?They're using the same Molds(or at least Molds cast from the Originals).What in your opinion, could make them more Mego?
            Well, you pretty much summed it up in your statement.
            Marty Abrams and Mego together and producing NEW Megos (not just reproductions of old stuff) would make them more Mego. In fact, it would make them OFFICIALLY Mego.
            What more could you do than get the original owner and the original company name together again?
            I'm not saying the emce stuff is crap (although I've not bought any yet), I'm just saying that without the involvement of the original owner or at the very least having the rights/ownership of the name Mego and access to the original molds (or recipes/blueprints/whatever) they will always be copies of Megos instead of the real thing.
            Let's say Marty succeeds and is able to use the Mego Corp name again and either goes on his own or pairs up with, say Dr Mego or something and offically licenses the Mego name for new stuff? That new stuff would BE Mego and even if he did new runs with original molds they would be Megos (albeit second-issues). I guess what I'm saying is there's more value to the name in my eyes than just old mego figures being repro'd under a diff name.
            I totally understand your point but the fact is without the Mego name they will always be wanna-be's to me.
            Rich

Comment

• Iron_fox85
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 14, 2008

perhaps but as a newbie at mego these to me are megos

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

Well, Paul/Diamond/EMCE did this w/ Marty Abrams blessing. Sadly there will never be another Mego Corp., so this is as close to Mego's rebirth as we're ever likely to see. I have the Andorian and the Romulan, and they're great! I hope to get Sulu and Chekov too. And to me as well, these are Megos, same stuff, different name, different day. Why argue symantics? They'll still display the same, play the same, and be just as much fun as the originals. I don't care about the hunt, I care about the toy! And plus...there's that nostalgia...seeing that Mego goodness out in the wild. Maybe some of your kids asking for it for Christmas! Watching them tear open Captain Kirk or a Cornelius just like you did. Maybe they could be more Mego if the commercials were on TV, or if EMCE/Diamond made playsets (oh wait! The Enterprise will be out soon!) So you see the only difference is time.

LONG LIVE EMCEs! And bless you Paul for re-achieving Mego goodness!
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

the EMCE's are nice no doubt about it,but nothing compares the original vintage stuff
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by txteach
                    what is the deal with the yknows?

Why Know ? Why Know,.. you Jest ? Why Know,.. Hello Dare !

... I think he meant You Know.
                    Last edited by BlackKnight; Nov 21, '08, 10:45 PM.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

I love Mego and I love EMCE doesn't make a difference to me or my kids who can't tell the difference.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                        Love to play with Megos
                        • Oct 19, 2003

Both Mego and EMCE are the closest same thing

I recommend both Megos and EMCEs in my collection. I collect 17 EMCE Star Trek & Aliens and 2 EMCE Corny & Soldier Ape (Zira and Zaius are coming out soon) on the side by 14 vintage Mego POTA and 4 customs with original bodies and heads in my collection. I don't have a problem with vintage Megos, I'm be patience and finding near mint complete & all original Megos off ebay and in the Mego Marketplace with a fair or good deal.
                        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 10, 2006

EMCE the next best thing to a vintage MEGO, I still prefer vintage MEGOs but EMCEs are pretty cool and make a nice cheap alt to a more costly vintage figure

Comment

• nordox
                            • Dec 22, 2007

Comparing type 1 soldier to the new one

Type 1 apes with that crappy white string inside making it loose. I am refreshed to have a brand new ape and my instincts say it is made better.

Comment

• drmego
                              EMCE Toys
                              • Jun 15, 2001

It's not a question of is EMCE better than a vintage Mego. EMCE is making new megos
                              for old and new fans to enjoy. Vintage Megos are getting scarcer to find, especially in good condition.

Look, even I must say that a vintage Mego is a thing of beauty and I wish it will be a joy forever but the truth is that the plastic that Mego used has a life span shorter than ours.

I am totally commited to seeing the day that MEGO CORP. is back in business, but that
                              may not be the best thing for the Abrams family. Running a toy business is very stressful and takes a lot of energy, resources, and capital.

EMCE Toys was created to bring back the Mego lines that we all love and to give the
                              world another 40 years of toys, bodies and parts to collect and customize. If Marty Abrams wants to bring back MEGO - I am there to do all I can, but it's his decision.
                              www.drmego.com
                              www.megoman.com
                              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎