Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the old gallery photos still available?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Are the old gallery photos still available?

(Museum galleries - not user galleries)

I remember they were all great (even ones like SHAZAM where the artist claims to have just phoned in the picture)

My favorite was the one of Batgirl Jumping to nab the Joker.

The pics I am talking about are the ones that were used prior to the Mego Museum Cards.

I think the card mages for most of the hereoes are better but I would like to be able to see the old as well. (Hey, maybe a series 2 retro WGSH museum cards?)

I also miss the old Museum entrace that had statue type marble busts for a border. It seemed more like a Museum.

Please do not take this as dissing the new - for I love the new as well. I guess that it would be natural for someone who collects toys for nostalgia would be nostalgic about the web site that honors them.
    Last edited by Brue; Jun 25, '07, 10:37 PM. Reason: added content
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

SaWEET! Thanks!

Except on the DC pages I can only get a glimpse because I get automatically rediredt to the new pages.
      Last edited by Brue; Jun 25, '07, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

My pleasure. I have it bookmarked and reference both the old and the new when looking through the galleries for specific figures. The search function does wonders for picking up older items that have been updated or revamped.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

You can sometimes find the old galleries on Google, depends on what you're searching for.
          And yeah, those busts really were cool
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I remember years ago making those Action Jackson and Dinah busts in photoshop trying to mimic Scotts original design.
            I never realized how crappy they came out

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎