X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QDOGG
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 13, 2007

Need Help on Making a Bulletman Helmet

Howdy all! I've been working on making a Megoized version of the G.I. Joe Bulletman character. I'm just about done except for the helmet. I've been having trouble trying to figure out how to make one. I've been trying to figure out how to modify something, since I'm not that good at sculpting. Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.
    Wayne
  • bagmonster
    Registered Lurker
    • Apr 13, 2002

Remarkably, I am just finishing up one this evening. I purchased mine from gman. He shrunk down an original and the results were super. You should pop him a message.

I don't have a picture yet, nor could I find the picture he put together of the set, but the helmet is perfect in my opinion.

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

From G-Man's old Museum Gallery...

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Or ask Buk, the master of silicone. If he doesn't already have it, maybe he can make it
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Yeah, get ahold of Gman. I got one of his Bulletman head/helmet sets and they're fantastic! (His Captain Action is cool too!)

The suit's a pain to sew though... and I still need to make an emblem.

... but the head is fantastic!

Don C.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

I sculpted my own but I later got one from Gman...he's your best bet
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• QDOGG
              Persistent Member
              • Jan 13, 2007

Thanks for everyone's suggestion. gman's helmet looks awesome, I dropped him a PM, look forward to hearing from him.
              Wayne

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

These GI Joe characters must be much more popular here than I thought. Ive been studying on casting clear resin to make a Mike Power first but was going to make Bulletman after that. Keep the sources coming it'll just save me time later.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• gman
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 4, 2002

PM sent.... For the emblem and card --- talk to The Toyroom -- I have both from him and they are fantastic!!!
                  Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

I have one of Gmans Helmets Top quality! Can't go wrong

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>Keep the sources coming it'll just save me time later.[/QUOTE]

I get that a lot around here too. I've also found that a lot of folks make customs of characters that I can't then picture any other way.

>Ive been studying on casting clear resin to make a Mike Power

Clear stuff is weird. You gotta cast it pretty clean, 'cos anything you do to it afterwards will scratch it up; and scratches are very noticable. I've been trying to make a good Pulsar torso; but it needs to be double cast, and it's a huge pain sorting that all out.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎