• Show
Clear All
  • Hotfoot
    Dazed and Confused
    • Dec 30, 2007

Introducing......

Dr. Spectrum

Billy Roberts

Unknown to Iron Man, the Power Prism reforms and is found by a sanitation worker, who eventually brings it to evangelist Billy Roberts, who after learning of the Prism's abilities becomes the second Doctor Spectrum. The second Doctor Spectrum then assists the original members of the Squadron Sinister, who together with the alien Nebulon attempt to flood the Earth, but are stopped by the superhero team the Defenders. After this defeat the Squadron Sinister are teleported off world by Nebulon, but are later returned to Earth. Having acquired an energy-draining weapon, the Squadron Sinister plan to threaten the Earth once more but are defeated by the Defenders and the Avenger Yellowjacket.

This is my first attempt at a custom.

Head by Brian Leitner
    Suit by Brian Leitner
    Body by EMCE
    Crystal is a plastic pearl from my kids craft supplies!

Quickie head paint with what was available tonight. (Real tough paint job!LOL)

The boots I had for him are now on Lemon Head as they wouldn't fit over his clothes.

I have a fist hand for his left hand but can not get the wrist pin off the EMCE body. I may switch him to a Cast-a-way Improved Mego Body with Swivel Biceps. (Gotta order some more bodies!)

I'll probably paint his hands blue and figure something for his boots.

A silkscreened skintight bodysuit would probably be best.

This card from the Marvel Masterpieces set this year was the inspiration for this figure. I thought the pose was just perfect and reminded me of some of the MEGO poses.

Last edited by Hotfoot; Nov 18, '08, 10:02 PM.
    Too many toys. Not enough space!
  • mikeoz
    Mego Maker
    • Mar 9, 2007

Nice work and congrats on your first custom. Good choice for the head and Brian always does an outstanding job with suits.
    Looking for:
    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

looks awesome!

Comment

• The Sentry
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 3, 2007

Whoa, great stuff man! Really great stuff! Congrats on your first custom. It's like crack, once you start, you just can't stop.
        sigpic
        http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
        [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by The Sentry
          Whoa, great stuff man! Really great stuff! Congrats on your first custom. It's like crack, once you start, you just can't stop.

Too true.

Great stuff, Hotfoot. The suit is wonderful and I can't believe it's your first custom.
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Brian did an amazing job on that suit
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Hotfoot
              Dazed and Confused
              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by The Sentry
              I know. I've already ordered more bodies and parts.

It all started with a Nekkid Fonzie who got a wrestler's suit. Than a Robin (head with broken body) who got a BL Earth2 suit (Bought a body with the suit off ebay and repainted Robins head. The suit got me thinking about this suit so I asked Brian and this is what arrived!

Comment

• Alberto Malnati
                low tech animal
                • Nov 30, 2002

good idea, i can't remember a recent version of this character...well realized!
                BIRD LIVES!!!
                ciao Al

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                  Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                  • Oct 8, 2007

Great start. Think about at least one fist hand from castaway or someplace, or possibly a pair of the castaway gloves - one open hand and one fist or something. It may just be the photo but you could probably match the paint a little better on the head. That suit looks outstanding, and he is really looking good. Great character. Very nice job.
                  "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

That suit is really good. Brian's work is always top notch.

Comment

• Hotfoot
                      Dazed and Confused
                      • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                      Great start. Think about at least one fist hand from castaway or someplace, or possibly a pair of the castaway gloves - one open hand and one fist or something. It may just be the photo but you could probably match the paint a little better on the head. That suit looks outstanding, and he is really looking good. Great character. Very nice job.
                      I have a fist for his left hand. Just couldn't get the pin out. I want to switch him to a Cast -A-Way body with the swivel biceps.

Paint was a quickie with what was available last night when the suit came in! Have to do some custom mixing and get closer to the blue. May paint his hands or some gloves (have the gloves already!)

I looked around on the site and did not come across any other versions so thought I would give it a try. Its really Brians work on the suit that makes it. I may attempt to sew some suits next year after the holidays.

Thanks for the compliments. Now I have to go to my 12 step meeting.

Hello, My name is Erik and I'm addicted to MEGO Crack!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Yep, once you get pulled in, you can never go back. Congrats and enjoy the hobby.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎