• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

Big Mistake in POTA series

Hello everyone,

The other day I thought I would get back into one of my favorite shows of all time, Planet of the Apes TV series. I got around to watching the pilot and noticed a big mistake within the first 2 seconds of the show starting. The opening sequence of the pilot (the opening of the episode not the title sequence) shows an Ape boy playing with his dog in a field, however in the apes movies we learn that all cats and dogs have actually been wiped out by a plague which is why human's took up apes as pets in the first place.

Anyone else notice this?
    I the Monster Hero
  • critter2
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 2, 2005

Yea, a few of the members were talking about that in a thread about favorite POTA episodes. They got into the time line of the movies verses the TV show. If you take all the details serious there's a bunch of mistakes.

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

It's pretty common in Hollywood that when you want to make money of something that's popular you tend to ignore some of the source material when it's convenient because you want it to fit on tv. So they negeated the whole reason why Apes took over the world-which was cats, dogs and birds had been killed in a plague and Apes had replaced them as pets and them servants.

If you think about it, other mistakes in the first few seconds were people are talking and wearing clothing. You don't need to create rational excuses within the continuity or explain it away as an alternate universe. You have to break the 4th wall and accept it's just something they do in Hollywood. They made a tv series and for whatever reasons they did things differently.

Comment

• MegoNinja
        Career Member
        • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
        It's pretty common in Hollywood that when you want to make money of something that's popular you tend to ignore some of the source material when it's convenient because you want it to fit on tv. So they negeated the whole reason why Apes took over the world-which was cats, dogs and birds had been killed in a plague and Apes had replaced them as pets and them servants.

If you think about it, other mistakes in the first few seconds were people are talking and wearing clothing. You don't need to create rational excuses within the continuity or explain it away as an alternate universe. You have to break the 4th wall and accept it's just something they do in Hollywood. They made a tv series and for whatever reasons they did things differently.
        quite true, TV series especially are incorrect when it comes to being based on comic books, take hulk for example. I never thought about it like that.
        I the Monster Hero

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎