• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Catalog Update--Not so good

Well, here goes...

I have not had any time whatsoever to work on this since Mego Meet and I'm not seeing how that's going to change. I'm not sure what to do at this point. My own inclination is to call it a day and say that it was an enjoyable contest with lots of great submissions, but the printed catalog is not going to be a reality. If someone with the resources and knowledge to create it wants to step up and take on the job I'll certainly make my photographs available.

I've put off saying anything up to now in hopes that something might change, but the fact is I tried to do to much and that's all there is to it.

Thank for all the submissions and support. I'm sorry if you are disappointed.
    This profile is no longer active.
  • vulcan2074
    Live Long and Prosper
    • Mar 23, 2008

No Worries. It's Cool
    Sammy

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

It would've been almost a miracle if you had been able to do this, with your life, family, work, the Museum cards and the Dida display sets.
      But you're rigth, it was a fun contest and it was cool seeing all those group shots of all those awesome customs
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• megowgsh
        Customego HoF Curator
        • Nov 19, 2003

NO worries Scott. If you or somebody else can finish it eventually, GREAT!

If not, no biggie.

It was a joy just seeing all of those customs together at the Meet and being able to say, "What if..."

Thanks for bringing that much joy to us.
        Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

It would be nice to see it make it to the Digital stage, something that could be saved off to a PDF. I'm not suggesting Scott take that on, but perhaps with the right creative mind(s) behind it, we could get to that point. Printing is more of a vanity exercise that could be taken on individually by the people interested at that point (lets face it, mostly the "winners").

Comment

• sauce
            Removed
            • Jun 24, 2007

or perhaps at the very least post all the pictures and then people can make their own catalogs or just save the photos or something like that....

But yeah, Scott, you do so much for us here. Don't feel bad about this one. :-)
            Last edited by sauce; Nov 17, '08, 2:53 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Could the winners be posted as a gallery? (Maybe this has already been done & I'm unaware of it. If so, I apologize.)

I joined the Museum as the contest ended, but I loved browsing the submissions. I know most WGSH fans would have loved to see new waves in 77 & 78.

Thanks for being candid, Scott--your excellent playsets and new furniture are apology enough.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

I think we can do a web gallery, a lot of the submissions were excellently photographed as is (Toyroom, mego73, MikeOz come to mind right away).

If you are well schooled in photoshop clipping paths and would be interested in cutting out figures from backgrounds let me know. Maybe we can farm out some of the work.
                This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Hotfoot
                  Dazed and Confused
                  • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by MegoScott
                  I think we can do a web gallery, a lot of the submissions were excellently photographed as is (Toyroom, mego73, MikeOz come to mind right away).

If you are well schooled in photoshop clipping paths and would be interested in cutting out figures from backgrounds let me know. Maybe we can farm out some of the work.
                  Sounds like a job for Hector!
                  Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Scott's going to send me what's he's got so far and I'll work on getting this nailed down in a catalog format layout over the next couple of months....hopefully all pages by Jan. will be my goal. We can cross the printing/distribution bridge when we come to it.
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• vulcan2074
                      Live Long and Prosper
                      • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                      Scott's going to send me what's he's got so far and I'll work on getting this nailed down in a catalog format layout over the next couple of months....hopefully all pages by Jan. will be my goal. We can cross the printing/distribution bridge when we come to it.

Sammy

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

Hiya Scott; Anthony

If you need any cutting or Pshop work. I may be able to squeeze some things in.

rche

Comment

• mego73
                          Printed paperboard Tiger
                          • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by MegoScott

I do a lot of cutting out figures from backgrounds but haven't used clipping paths yet.

Mine is a more "Lasso and chip away method"

In any case, I'd be willing to help.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎