X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Ultraman custom

Just curious if anyone who is a fan of the original '66 series has ever attempted a Mego custom of our hero from the stars. Now THAT would be a cool custom. Especially if the eyes and chest light could be rigged to light up.
  • StrangeVisitor
    Career Member
    • May 13, 2007

Maybe an Ultraman built on a 12" body from the Superman line (also easier to accomodate the light-up eyes & chest) with an 8" SSSP Shin Hayata two-pack.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

THAT's even more sweet. Great idea Strangevisitor!

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

He's on my list; but I was gonna make one about a meter tall; to go with the city. I DO want to make an 8" UltraSeven, since he spent a lot of time human sized on the show.

Funny thing; I just got the entire seires on disk, and have been wondering how to make the monsters. Again. (I've been trying to figure out a good way to do them about a meter high, and trying to figure out where to put them done.)

Don C.

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Oh!

And for the light, you could probably swipe the mechanism out of a dollar store police car or somesuch. (I have the mechanism out of a few space alien toys that I'm planning to use for light up eyes on a figure.)

Don C.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

This is wetting my appetite! Whats interesting is I have never seen a highly jointed plastic figure that was good for posing. Most are either frozen in one pose or have solid limbs. Now, of course, you have the pricey Type A-C figures from Japan which are beautiful, but the rubber outfit keeps them from being as articulate as say a figure just made entirely out of plastic with flexible joints. I occasionally pull out the Type C figure I have and still get a kick out of placing the beta capsule under his chest light which makes it convert from blue to flashing red. One of the coolest features I have ever seen on an Ultraman figure. I just think this is a figure long overdue to be "Mego-ized".

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

So far I am using a 1st series Tin Man body with grey hands and grey jumsuit. I plan to customize suit. I am trying to make it look like the Japanese
              Ultraman Taro(?) figure released with uniform on side back in 1970s

There is a 1970s 8in figure in Japan that came with 6 Ultra Masks that I am hoping to get a loose Ultraman mask and complete figure.

Here's an old Ultraman custom of mine made of a vintage GIJOE. I know I still need to add sticker for the chest. The Ultrman mask is new reissue Henshin Cyborg and not made by me. Bulletman head is underneath mask which can be removed.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Excellent work Neutron X! That's the style I was referring too. Looking good!

Comment

• vulcan2074
                  Live Long and Prosper
                  • Mar 23, 2008

Very Nice Custom. I Totally Dig Ultraman
                  Sammy

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

great work on the custom neutron. for those that arent as talented like myself, bandai actually released ultraman 1/6 scale figures that had the light up eyes and chest light with real rubbler/vinyl like clothing a few years ago.

here's some pics with the ultraman's light on, the chest blinks red when you wave the beta capsule in front of it.

Comment

• vulcan2074
                      Live Long and Prosper
                      • Mar 23, 2008

That Bandai Ultraman is Cool. I Love the Light up Feature. Pretty Sweet
                      Sammy

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Nice B Type Ultraman Starsky! I have the C Type variation. Some of the most original figures ever made.

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                          Nice B Type Ultraman Starsky! I have the C Type variation. Some of the most original figures ever made.
                          thanks mib41. these figures are ultra cool arent they?!! definitely ranks as probably the best ultraman figure ever done imho.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                            Persistent Member
                            • Oct 3, 2007

Didnt Popy (Mego's Japan connection) make an Ultraman figure. I think I seen it in the Musuems gallery here. They also had a Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets/G-Force) action figure that I would love have.
                            Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Neutron X
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 22, 2007

Nice Ultraman figure!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎