• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

How's EMCE Trek doing?

Hey Paul,
    I was wondering... how are the sales for EMCE Trek figures?
    How many figures of each character are being made? 1,000, 5,000, 10,000?
    What is the top 3 of best selling figures?
    And more importantly, are the sales good enough to warrant the release of the remaining Mego characters and the production of new EMCE Trek characters?
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Kirk and Klingon seem to have pretty much sold out in my area. Since that was a set that most collectors thought would warm peg hooks like Boss Hogg did in the early 80's that's a good sign. I really haven't seen too much left to be truthful. Bones is the most common one to find around here, but that's not surprising IMO. Spock seems to have sold fairly well too. Rommy and Andy are scarce so they seem to have moved pretty well also. Khan looks to be doing great, though that was expected as the first new sculpt available. Even with the economy as bad as it is, I've seen Khan sell as high as $40 on ebay. Obviously the question is will the Uhura, Mugato, Gorn, Sulu, Cheron, and Chekov sell as well. I think they will because many Mego collectors will want in on the new figures. Even the die hards see the missing gaps in the Trek line like Sulu and Chekov and I think will want to fill in their collections, especially since it's not a reproduction. I would think the slow movers might be Uhura and Cheron, though a lot of Cheron's discolored due to the black body so maybe they will do well for the collector that can't find a nice one at an affordable price. I would have to think Khan, Sulu, and Chekov will be the top in demand. It should appeal to Trek collectors, Mego collectors, and action figure collectors in general.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• drmego
      EMCE Toys
      • Jun 15, 2001

I have been expressly told by Diamond not to discuss production numbers.

I will say this - demand has been good, and retailers are continuing to ask
      for more of the 2007 line.
      www.drmego.com
      www.megoman.com
      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

It doesn't really matter to me what the exact production numbers are as long as they are selling well enough to justify new figures next year of Rand, Chapel, Trelane, Harry Mudd, Pike and others. Maybe figures of the Next Generation characters are on the boards, who knows. And lest we not forget Talos and Neptunian are still absent.

And we still have NOTLD coming. I am looking forward to those even though I'm not a horror nut. But just like Mego I gotta "Collect Them All".
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• davidb
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 9, 2007

That's the way I feel. I'm not worried with the specifics as long as we've got more goodies in the pipeline coming our way.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by ScottA
            It doesn't really matter to me what the exact production numbers are as long as they are selling well enough to justify new figures next year of Rand, Chapel, Trelane, Harry Mudd, Pike and others. Maybe figures of the Next Generation characters are on the boards, who knows. And lest we not forget Talos and Neptunian are still absent.:
            Yeah, the production numbers aren't important, I'm just glad the demand is good. Gives us hope for more new characters.
            Originally posted by ScottA
            And we still have NOTLD coming. I am looking forward to those even though I'm not a horror nut. But just like Mego I gotta "Collect Them All".
            And I am a horror nut, so I'm looking forward to these even more
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎