• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris DVM
    Veterinarian Member
    • Jun 18, 2001

How Long Has This Been Here??!

Hey,
    With all the time I spend looking at the Mego site, you would think I would have noticed this board earlier. I have been heavy into the 3 3/4" lines for the last few years, so it is cool that I finally recognized this for what it is.
    So far, I have managed to acquire the complete collections for the following lines (figures and playsets, all loose and most also boxed, obviously not all Mego):
    1) CHiPS
    2) Dukes of Hazzard
    3) Buck Rogers
    4) Battlestar Galactica
    5) Indiana Jones (Kenner, 1982)
    6) Black Hole (minus Humanoid)
    7) Love Boat (yea, I know)
    8) Clash of the Titans (missing the Krakon)
    9) Star Trek
    10) Boxed Greatest American Hero
    11) MASH
    12) Remco Monsters (line in progress)
    13) CB McHaul (all vehicles, no figures)

Hoping to, one day, start on some other lines of interest, not Mego - Lone Ranger, Flash Gordon, etc. Also notice that there are a bunch of newer toys that look really interesting, especially the Army of Darkness lines.
    For some reason, however, I just cannot get excited about the CAH or Micronauts. Neither line seems to whet my appetite to start collecting, although Acroray's collection is one of the most impressive that I have had the pleasure to ever view.
    What other lines should I consider 'investing' in?
    Chris DVM
    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

My goodness, I always wondered why you hadn't piped up in here.

I'm kind of fond of the Remco Sgt. Rock line for some reason, really cheap too.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Does the Kenner Super Powers line count for 3 3/4? If so, in this case, that's a line to consider 'investing' in. Fisher Prices Adventure People are another good one with lots of vehicles, etc.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Way too many Mego lines I need to collect before I branch out. However, I do have 2 of the Flash Gordon figues MOC and look on ebay for them from time to time. Seems to be the non-Mego line I seem to gravitate to for some reason.

And I had all the Love Boat MOC at one time too Chris. I'll get them again eventually.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
          Career Member
          • May 14, 2007

I have all of the Flash Gordon Mattel figures and spaceships. I worked my butt off one summer to buy the whole set back in the early 80's. I have multiplies of several figures. It's not a big set to try to collect and is pretty easy to do. What's hard is some the boxed Sears 3 pack figures. I was thinking of making repro vinyl decals for the spaceships. Just don't know if there would be that much of an interest. A great line of figures.

Bob

Comment

• Drain
            megos are yummy
            • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by Chris DVM
            Hey,
            With all the time I spend looking at the Mego site, you would think I would have noticed this board earlier. I have been heavy into the 3 3/4" lines for the last few years, so it is cool that I finally recognized this for what it is.
            So far, I have managed to acquire the complete collections for the following lines (figures and playsets, all loose and most also boxed, obviously not all Mego):
            1) CHiPS
            2) Dukes of Hazzard
            3) Buck Rogers
            4) Battlestar Galactica
            5) Indiana Jones (Kenner, 1982)
            6) Black Hole (minus Humanoid)
            7) Love Boat (yea, I know)
            8) Clash of the Titans (missing the Krakon)
            9) Star Trek
            10) Boxed Greatest American Hero
            11) MASH
            12) Remco Monsters (line in progress)
            13) CB McHaul (all vehicles, no figures)

Hoping to, one day, start on some other lines of interest, not Mego - Lone Ranger, Flash Gordon, etc. Also notice that there are a bunch of newer toys that look really interesting, especially the Army of Darkness lines.
            For some reason, however, I just cannot get excited about the CAH or Micronauts. Neither line seems to whet my appetite to start collecting, although Acroray's collection is one of the most impressive that I have had the pleasure to ever view.
            Chris DVM

Chris, welcome aboard. This board has been here for a long time. It can be lonely sometimes, almost forgotten. In fact both Scott and Brain, started thread here, to give away free cards; Eagle Force and Comic Action Stand. By the looks of your list, you seem to have all the 3.75 Mego Lines except the Comic Action and Pocket Heroes. Micronauts, I have always keep seperate because you came build complete figure from parts. As for CB Mchaul, if you have all vehicles, that should give you five of the nine figures in the set. That more than I have. I got have Prof Blaine w/stand Complete and one of the cops with a broke leg. Remco Monster is a good, remember each figure comes in two versions, (Glow in Dark/non Glow in Dark). One of these days, I was going to ask Scott and Brain about add a market place,(want to buy/want to sell) sub-forum to the the Microverse Thread. Just like the Modern Toys board have a Chase Figure sub-forum.
            Thomas
            Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

• Drain
              megos are yummy
              • Jun 10, 2007

Chris,
              ZeeToy Metal Men is a good one. I have one complete in my collect. I got him when I was 12, I still have to replace the broken O-ring, that broke when I was 15. They are easy enough to get apart, it as only been 25 years. I pick up some replacements but new ones are brown and the broken ones are black. Recently, I manage to pick a couple of loose ones in ebay auctions. Seems the sellers had no idea what they were.
              Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I collect the Metal Men and Adventure People stuff, those are great suggestions. The Mattel Flash Gordon line is beautiful too.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• goldenryan
                  coy member
                  • Jul 13, 2007

[QUOTE=Chris DVM;225630]Hey,

Chris DVM[/QUOTE/]

vintage star wars loose figures can still be found for cheap and also you should look into yamato marvel classics and tron.

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

there's also the galoob 3 3/4 inch a team figures as well as vehicles notably the ba's van and faceman corvette. ertl also put out 3 3/4 inch colt seavers figure with tonka like truck and the hardcastle and mccormick coyote car with mccormick figure. and of course there is also the ljn magnum pi ferrari with thomas magnum figure.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      Alan Scott is the best GL
                      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                      Does the Kenner Super Powers line count for 3 3/4? If so, in this case, that's a line to consider 'investing' in. Fisher Prices Adventure People are another good one with lots of vehicles, etc.

- Ian
                      Superpowers has pretty much topped out in price it's now a REALLY long term investment except for the really common loost one

Comment

• AcroRay
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 17, 2005

I think you should go with:

Captain Power & The Soldiers of the Future

Mego Clowns

Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                        AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                        The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                        Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• misterdroid
                          Banned
                          • Jan 10, 2008

I love the Palitoy Action Force line before it merges into the US GI Joe figure line. Good old fashioned figures...5 points of articulated awesome. They are reasonably cheap, fun to hunt and there are a LOT of them. The Red Shadows are probably my favorite action figure bad guys. Also, I love that the figures all have the face of vintage 12" GI Joe.
                          Also for some weird reason I love the 3.75 Legends of the West figures. They are ugly as hell, but for some reason they really charm me.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎