Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comic Action/Pocket Hero Batman: Why the rubber head?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Comic Action/Pocket Hero Batman: Why the rubber head?

I always wondered why the Comic Action Hero and Pocket Hero Batman was the only one with a rubber pop-off head/cape. I understand why the head/cape would be molded together given the fact that they were the same color (like the heads of Hulk and Spiderman were molded with the same-colour torsos). But why not in plastic like the capes of Superman and Robin for example? Alternatively, why weren't Superman and Robin given rubber capes, which would have given them more cape-like flexibility like Batman's? I'm guessing there was a production issue given the fact that the head and cowl needed to be molded together on Batman?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

Maybe it had something to do with making the figure compatible with the Bat Copter toy.

The Bat Copter was originally a Microman[Micronaut] toy, so it might have been more difficult to fit the clunky, minimally posable (by comparison to Micro) in it. The flexible cape might have helped.

Same with the Batmobile, perhaps.
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by AcroRay
      Maybe it had something to do with making the figure compatible with the Bat Copter toy.

The Bat Copter was originally a Microman[Micronaut] toy, so it might have been more difficult to fit the clunky, minimally posable (by comparison to Micro) in it. The flexible cape might have helped.

Same with the Batmobile, perhaps.
      I'm not sure if that is the answer given the fact that the Robin figure would have also had to fit in those vehicles.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

This is easy to explain, Batman's head and cape are the same colour, it's a cost savings to mold them as one piece and add a little flesh paint rather than two separate pieces. So they made the whole thing out of a softer material.

You can pop off any of the CAH heads if you want to, Batman's just comes off easier.

None of the other heroes had this unique situation, so Batman is special.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎