X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

Box Template Questions

I see on this website there is a template for a box for a mego 8" figure and I would like to know how to enlarge it for a 12" figure?Is there a way to add graphics and text to the box template before printing it?I see this template was modeled after the boxes that the mego 8" figures used to come in and there was a thin clear piece of plastic that went over the opening of the box.Where can I get the clear plastic,how thin should it be and how do I attach it to the box?Thanks again for everybodys help.
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

Well assuming that the template is the correct size for 8" figures, I would enlarge it to 150% for a 12" figure. Many folks use Photoshop to add text and graphics. The plastic is fairly thin, possibly found at a craft/art supply store.

You could probably save yourself a great deal of time, frustration and money if you buy a box from Anthony (Toyroom) here on the site, or Mego73 also here on the site. I believe they both can do custom boxes for 12" figures with the windows that are made for either existing figures or new custom ones. The prices are quite reasonable and they both do great work, and are easy to work with. Hope that was helpful.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• mego73
      Printed paperboard Tiger
      • Aug 1, 2003

I can do 12" customs of course. Mine would be modeled either on a rectangular box with a window that extends over to one side or the Mego design with a side card.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎