• highquality
    #1 Super Guy
    • Jun 10, 2003

Suckerman

"Suckerman...Suckerman...does whatever a Sucker Can,

Sticks to Walls...like Bread to Jam,

Pry him loose and you'll need PAM..

LOOKOUT, here comes the Suckerman."

I never owned Suckerman as a kid. My mom thought it looked too evil. How weird is that?!?

Seems like I could've gotten two good hours of enjoyment out of him before I got bored and tossed him in the closet.
    WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I never had one either but it seemed Mattel was really into creating toys that had a fantastic gimmick, stuff like Pulsar, Gre-Gory, Slime and Krusher were a kids dream but I doubt they had much play value.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• highquality
      #1 Super Guy
      • Jun 10, 2003

Ha, I cried the day I realized Pulsar's Brain Discs had gone missing.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

I like him,he looks cool
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

I don't remember this one and that's not like me...lol

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• txteach
            Banned
            • Jun 17, 2005

I don't remember him either. Was he sold in the U.S.?

Comment

• highquality
              #1 Super Guy
              • Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, he was definitely sold in the US. I remember seeing him at Woolworth's in the late 70's.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I actually have a Suckerman and a Gre-Gory. Mattel's glory days.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• The Sentry
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 3, 2007

Awesome! I have a great story about mine.........

About 20+ years ago I begged and begged for a Suckerman, well then my Ma and Dad gave in and got me one.

I was one happy little boy! It was green and full of mischief, I would dunk my Suckerman into water and throw him against walls and windows (almost givin my ma a heart attack!)

One day when I was young Suckerman and myself took out the Rebel forces, beat the Hulk (yes the 8" Mego I lovingly call and still call "Hulkie") then went to attacking the windows.(with my help of course)

Ka-POW! The ear-shattering sound of Suckerman's attack on the window right beside my Ma's head called for the ultimate threat, "If you stick him to this window again he's going in the trash!"

Well Megonians, guess what the hell I did next? (Remember I was a smart a$$ed kid with a hankering for driving my parents up a wall)

10 minutes after the threat KA-POW! Onto the window the Suckerman latched! Ma was furious! So she rips him offa the window and chucks him right into the trash! I was heartbroken!

Let's hit the fast forward button about 20+ years to last year.

I was cleaning my house last year, (as I said before was bulldozed to the ground due to the house not being up to par with the City of Charleston's standards and forced us out onto the street 6 months after they issued the order so we basically had 6 months to get the hell outta Dodge loosing a whole lot of my memories and childhood things in the process, yes alot of Megos lost their lives in the houses destruction but the lucky ones that survived got a full makeover thanks to the wonderfull people at Megomeet!)
                  and one of my dear friends who was helping me clean the house out was cleaning a shelving/storage system that hadn't been touched in at least 15 years.

He digs and shrieks wondering what the Hell his hand had grasped, then he pulled outta the shelf a bright green Suckerman!

HE HAD RETURNED FROM THE GRAVE!

I was crying twice as bad as I did when I found my Knickerbocker stuffed Hulk doll singing altered lyrics to Sabbath's "Iron Man"

"He was thrown away, now finally he is here to stay,

you evil sons of man, Suckerman lives agaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnn!!!!!!!!!"

Ma was disgusted, she hid the enigma away from me for so long but the return and his vengefull curse was only beginning.........

after the day of throwing away my mothers and my life for about 12 painfull hours, we decided to go to Wendy's to eat and rest our weary bones from the hard day of work that we accomplished and still had to follow, when I asked Ma to carry our food inside the house so that I could carry the sodas and other things we got from the market, totally unbeknownst to me something lurked in the Wendy's bags that I thought was in my bags I was carrying in, when Ma reached to open the door a green noodly appendage shot outta the bag on her and she totally freaked out! In the hysteria of the moment her food was totally ruined leaving mine to be okay, the only thing she saw looking at her was a green-faced Suckerman staring back at her who finally got his revenge for being cast-away for 2 decades, now you ask where the Suckerman is today? (Yeah I shared my food with Ma, the only sensable thing to do at the time)

Well Megonians, he now lives in the lap of luxury hanging from my shower wall watching everyone who comes to my place pee and wash their hands and do all of the whack things people do behind the closed confines of my private bathroom! He watches and waits, and gets a shower everytime I do!

So just remember, if you have a Suckerman, keep him safe, keep him happy, cause your food, YOUR VERY LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT!

This is a TRUE STORY!

Not one to be taken lightly!

Thank you for you time.

I feel him calling to me in the bathroom.........

Oh one more thing you don't own a Suckerman, Suckerman owns you!
                  Last edited by The Sentry; Jun 25, '07, 1:34 AM.
                  sigpic
                  http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                  [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 1, 2005

Wow that's some story!

I'm surprised he doesn't also hang from one of the van windows during band road trips/tours, etc.? Come on, he's perfect for it!!

I remember Suckerman, but he was yet another long forgotten toy in the depths of my memories, until I saw this thread!

Comment

• highquality
                      #1 Super Guy
                      • Jun 10, 2003

What a great story.

I used to terrorize my own Mom with NERF Boomerang. I was deadly accurate and could make it do a 90 Degree turn only inches from her face.

Comment

• The Sentry
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 3, 2007

It would be perfect for a window on a van going on tour! LOL! Better than a Stick'em Garfield anyday! LOL!

Thanks fellas, when people come to the house to use the bathroom they ask, "Hey Lee what the hell is that scary green thing hanging in your shower?" that's usually the cue to tell the Suckerman story! Then the next time the go to use the head, they show respect!
                        sigpic
                        [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• RG
                          Removed.
                          • Oct 1, 2004

My aunt and uncle gave me a suckerman for Christmas when I was like 3. It scared the crap out of me and I would cry whenever my sister held it up to me. After a week or two I warmed up to the thing and played with it off and on. I would make my dad mad because I would stick ol' sucker on the TV and it would leave little round marks all over the screen. The poor thing lost a few suckers over time from being on the floor and me pulling him off real hard, then I cut his leg off because it ripped and I wanted it to have an even look to his wound. He lasted about 5 years before I cut him into small pieces with the scissors.

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Damn, that's some crazy toy

Originally posted by The Sentry
                            Awesome! I have a great story about mine.........

About 20+ years ago I begged and begged for a Suckerman, well then my Ma and Dad gave in and got me one.

I was one happy little boy! It was green and full of mischief, I would dunk my Suckerman into water and throw him against walls and windows (almost givin my ma a heart attack!)

One day when I was young Suckerman and myself took out the Rebel forces, beat the Hulk (yes the 8" Mego I lovingly call and still call "Hulkie") then went to attacking the windows.(with my help of course)

Ka-POW! The ear-shattering sound of Suckerman's attack on the window right beside my Ma's head called for the ultimate threat, "If you stick him to this window again he's going in the trash!"

Well Megonians, guess what the hell I did next? (Remember I was a smart a$$ed kid with a hankering for driving my parents up a wall)

10 minutes after the threat KA-POW! Onto the window the Suckerman latched! Ma was furious! So she rips him offa the window and chucks him right into the trash! I was heartbroken!

Let's hit the fast forward button about 20+ years to last year.

I was cleaning my house last year, (as I said before was bulldozed to the ground due to the house not being up to par with the City of Charleston's standards and forced us out onto the street 6 months after they issued the order so we basically had 6 months to get the hell outta Dodge loosing a whole lot of my memories and childhood things in the process, yes alot of Megos lost their lives in the houses destruction but the lucky ones that survived got a full makeover thanks to the wonderfull people at Megomeet!)
                            and one of my dear friends who was helping me clean the house out was cleaning a shelving/storage system that hadn't been touched in at least 15 years.

He digs and shrieks wondering what the Hell his hand had grasped, then he pulled outta the shelf a bright green Suckerman!

HE HAD RETURNED FROM THE GRAVE!

I was crying twice as bad as I did when I found my Knickerbocker stuffed Hulk doll singing altered lyrics to Sabbath's "Iron Man"

"He was thrown away, now finally he is here to stay,

you evil sons of man, Suckerman lives agaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnn!!!!!!!!!"

Ma was disgusted, she hid the enigma away from me for so long but the return and his vengefull curse was only beginning.........

after the day of throwing away my mothers and my life for about 12 painfull hours, we decided to go to Wendy's to eat and rest our weary bones from the hard day of work that we accomplished and still had to follow, when I asked Ma to carry our food inside the house so that I could carry the sodas and other things we got from the market, totally unbeknownst to me something lurked in the Wendy's bags that I thought was in my bags I was carrying in, when Ma reached to open the door a green noodly appendage shot outta the bag on her and she totally freaked out! In the hysteria of the moment her food was totally ruined leaving mine to be okay, the only thing she saw looking at her was a green-faced Suckerman staring back at her who finally got his revenge for being cast-away for 2 decades, now you ask where the Suckerman is today? (Yeah I shared my food with Ma, the only sensable thing to do at the time)

Well Megonians, he now lives in the lap of luxury hanging from my shower wall watching everyone who comes to my place pee and wash their hands and do all of the whack things people do behind the closed confines of my private bathroom! He watches and waits, and gets a shower everytime I do!

So just remember, if you have a Suckerman, keep him safe, keep him happy, cause your food, YOUR VERY LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT!

This is a TRUE STORY!

Not one to be taken lightly!

Thank you for you time.

I feel him calling to me in the bathroom.........

Oh one more thing you don't own a Suckerman, Suckerman owns you!

But what a great story... in your bathroom, eh
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Sentry
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by Meule
                              Damn, that's some crazy toy

But what a great story... in your bathroom, eh

Yeah dude where else could Suckerman find for a peacefull haven? Plus he keeps the bathroom in check for me.

Speaking of Suckerman, I think Imma go pay him a visit!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎