• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roman
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 25, 2003

Cap action in his Mego goodness .. brings back Memories

Joe, Dave, Jason;

Thanks fellas. I have to say these figures were worth the months of wait (let's not do it again, ok?) I have been sitting here with this lil guy every chance I have to sit. I have been watching the tube with him and my dogs.

I am really blown away by how good he looks and the quality of the figure and the costume (are you listening CTVT), HE'S SO COOL!

Having only recently moved out west I am thinking back to being a kid at home in my folks house. My father had bought me every Cap action suit and the doll to go with it so I could keep them in a display case he made for me. Those were my best friends for many years. I have to admit however that I was a fickle friend, when I fisrt saw a Mego Superman and Aquaman. Nonetheless these guys really take me back and I thank you guys for that.

OK, so let's get down to it boys, will we see an Action Lad?
    Have you guys considered doing retro shoe box like packaging rather than the clam shell?
    I think having a small exact version of one of the costume sets would be pretty hip.

Lord knows what you've got in store for us but I can't wait. I really hope we see Lone Ranger and Tonto, Green Hornet and Kato, Buck Rogers and whatever else you can do. Zorro and Dick Tracy might also be hip.

Nonetheless, Great work and thank you for the outstanding work.

Rob
  • spotter
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 6, 2008

Uniform sets would be really Cool

How about the Speed Racer and Capt Terror that never got made by Playing mantis ( who knows after the last dog movie that ther may be a sublicense that can be attained from Mattel/ or speed racer enterprises ?)
    Last edited by spotter; Oct 31, '08, 10:52 AM.
    Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Flash Gordon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Cap action in his Mego goodness.. brings back Memories

Prince Barin!
        JediJaida

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 18, 2007

zzzzzzzoooooooooorrrrrrrrooooooo!!!!!!!!! make mine a double please. I need a Diego and a Sgt Gonzalez to carve little Z's into.........take your time so it will be as perfect as the product you are currently putting out......how about a month? does that give you enough time?

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
            zzzzzzzoooooooooorrrrrrrrooooooo!!!!!!!!! make mine a double please. I need a Diego and a Sgt Gonzalez to carve little Z's into.........take your time so it will be as perfect as the product you are currently putting out......how about a month? does that give you enough time?
            Sure... thanks for being soooo patient

Zorro, is definitely a possibility! Like the Phantom, Charlee (Flatt World) had it ready to go... We would likely change the head sculpt (less Banderos and more classic style)... but the hard work is done.

Ok but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Nobody likes to play "hey what about!" more than me Chronologically we have the Phantom and Achmed (in the hopper). Next up are the Captain Action Phantom and Read Beard Costumes for CA and DE. This should carry us to spring... We have a few surprises built in an a few goodies to get out there, but a new figure launch is looking at spring 2009. What would it be...

Things we like and have talked about:

Licensed:
            Zorro
            Flash Gordon (very hot given the anniversary next year) KF
            Mandrake the Magician KF
            Prince Valiant KF
            Lone Ranger and Tonto
            Doc Savage
            Kolchak

Unlicensed:
            Pirates (Grittier more realistic, think Lesney not Mego)
            Cowboys (Grittier, more historical and more accurate, like the Dragon figures of late)
            Millitary/Warriors of world History- Greek/Samurai/Ninja/Kahn (Genghis not Ricardo)/WWII Marine etc...

Now things change on a daily basis, but we have always wanted to make the figures we personally like and think folks would buy.

Having said that...the absolutely best way to make these and others happen is to support the Phantom and Achmed and the upcoming CA Phantom costumes. I know it sounds schlocky to say it but it's how we get there from here. The support has been unreal from you guys and if we can keep it up, we prove to King Features and other licensor's that people want these figures, and we WILL be able to MAKE these cool figures and many more...

Helping us get the word out and keeping it alive on message boards and here are the best ways to support us and get sales from the outside world...

With Doc Mego, CTVT's, Jay and Dane also making this type of figure, we are proving the market everyday... So buy it, from us, from them, from other retailers! and if you do? The best is yet to come!

-Dave

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by David Lee
              Helping us get the word out and keeping it alive on message boards and here are the best ways to support us and get sales from the outside world...

With Doc Mego, CTVT's, Jay and Dane also making this type of figure, we are proving the market everyday... So buy it, from us, from them, from other retailers! and if you do? The best is yet to come!

-Dave

Well said Dave! We all want to see more new Megos, and Mego style Figures...but at the risk of sound like a "pitch Man"...if the sales aren't there, the reality is we won't be able to continue. It's such a great time for Mego Collectors, I feel like we're in a golden age...and I'd really hate to see it end. I just keep waiting with baited breath, to see what annoucement You Guy's(EMCE, Cast-A-Way)are going to make next! What new Figures are coming...the excitement is KILLING Me!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• Randy
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 12, 2006

Hey Cast A Way, any luck on a CA / DE playset say like the one here??

Comment

• roman
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 25, 2003

Sure... thanks for being soooo patient

Zorro, is definitely a possibility! Like the Phantom, Charlee (Flatt World) had it ready to go... We would likely change the head sculpt (less Banderos and more classic style)... but the hard work is done.

Ok but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Nobody likes to play "hey what about!" more than me Chronologically we have the Phantom and Achmed (in the hopper). Next up are the Captain Action Phantom and Read Beard Costumes for CA and DE. This should carry us to spring... We have a few surprises built in an a few goodies to get out there, but a new figure launch is looking at spring 2009. What would it be...

Things we like and have talked about:

Licensed:
                  Zorro
                  Flash Gordon (very hot given the anniversary next year) KF
                  Prince Valiant KF
                  Lone Ranger and Tonto

Unlicensed:

Millitary/Warriors of world History- Greek/Samurai/Ninja/Kahn (Genghis not Ricardo)/WWII Marine etc...

Having said that...the absolutely best way to make these and others happen is to support the Phantom and Achmed and the upcoming CA Phantom costumes.

-Dave
                  No Action lad, ay?

No, excellent stuff here David. The possibilities seems great. Exciting stuff.

As for support, I bought C.A. and D.E. I've ordered my Phantom. Eyeing up a few more items for sure. Once I get work out here in California I am treating myself for sure.

Paul's Night of the Living Dead have been calling my wallet too. So much Mego goodness.

As for the Millitary stuff, have you thought of the dress uniforms as much as the taigues and battle suites. I always dug the Fighting Yank stuff because I think the did the Marine dress attire and such.

Anyway, great stuff and I am anxiuos to see what else is in store

Comment

• roman
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 25, 2003

quick question;

The Make Your Own Hero figure, will the costumes come in other colors than red?

Comment

• David Lee
                      The Fix-it-up Chappie
                      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by roman
                      quick question;

The Make Your Own Hero figure, will the costumes come in other colors than red?
                      Yes sir... the ship is docked in Los Angeles right now, chocked full of custom goodness... We will have the new suits in: Black, red, blue, yellow, also gray and white. Both the pointy top and regular hero boots, gauntlets and gloves and belts to match in different colors, as well as brown and green bodies. It'll be a party

-Dave

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

Yes sir... the ship is docked in Los Angeles right now, chocked full of custom goodness... We will have the new suits in: Black, red, blue, yellow, also gray and white. Both the pointy top and regular hero boots, gauntlets and gloves and belts to match in different colors, as well as brown and green bodies. It'll be a party

-Dave
                        Hey David,

I'm thinking of buying 2 hero heads (blue and red) and 2 bodies (blue and red) and course blue and red suits and boots for a little one I babysit. He's getting a Robin and Mr. Spock from me for Xmas (I already gave him Batman). And these can be villians for Batman and Robin or aliens for Spock (or as he calls him, Mr. Pinch). I think he'll like 'em. But I'm waiting until April (his birthday).
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍