X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

JLA/JSA/LSH Cross-over?

Allright I'm a bit confused....*** just happened in the last issue of the cross-over? Yeah Wally West is back but it sounded like that was a surprise to Brainiac 5 and wasn't the real mission the LSH kids were after. And waht happened to the 3 villains shown a few issues back? Ultra-Humanite, Despero and Degaton weren't even in the book. The title confused me too...translated from the Interlac it read "The Villain is The Hero in his Own Story". OK I get the meaning but not how it related to the whole story. And apparently Karate Kid is stuck in the 21st Century (shades of the 70s) as well as Starman?
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I dunno, all I'm picking up are the JSA issues because I refuse to buy JLA with those hidious Turner covers and the horrid writing.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

The JLA had alternate covers with Phil Jimenez art but my comic shop was already jacking the price up on those so I stuck with the Turner covers.

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

Well. I am a little disappointed and happy both at the same time. I kept seeing hints and hidden posts on boards about the return of Barry Allen. I got excited and was pretty sure that they were aiming at this outcome. I even went as far as heckling my uncle who is totally against the whole "bring em back from the dead" story lines.
        Now it has been revealed that Wally will be the Flash returning. I am disappointed it's not Barry but at the same time I am happy that Bart is gone. That was a total flop. I am beginning to think DC knew that Bart was going to be a flop and they tried to gamble at it, always keeping in their minds that Wally was going to return to "save the day."
        I grew up with Barry as the Flash. I might have been a little hyper 7 seven year old kid who thought he was Barry Allen a couple of times in my mixed up world.

I did the math. In my lifetime, Wally has been around the longest. When Wally came into the picture I was confused and thought it was a joke at first but after reading Flash 1-20 I loved how they took that character and made him interesting, this was something the writers for the Bart books lacked.

With the JSA-JLA- LSH crossover. I am finding this interesting. I am hoping that they somehow find away to keep this version of the LSH around. Maybe make them the future of the new Earth 2. I don't know. Whatever they tried to do revamping the LSH didn't really pan out for me. The classic retro 70s's LSHs versions has always been my favorite.

As for the JSA. Yes, I can see the death of the original Wildcat right around the corner. With his son, they are definitely trying really hard to get fans to accept him and of course, that means tragic death story for Ted right around the corner.

Red Arrow? I am not sure how to think about this. How do you take a cool name like Arsenal and slide him into a red version of the GA outfit and rename him, "Red Arrow?" Why are we reading JLA books with Green Arrow junior in it? I'd rather eat a bowl of Fruit Loops for breakfast then the plastic bag welfare FRUIT RINGs version. What is up with this?

Hawkman and Hawkgirl. We were watching these two play "hard to get" and now they are dangling on relationships with other heroes. It was confirmed that Kendra is really the reincarnated Hawkgirl, right? Why does she act totally opposite of her former self? Bad writing here. Put the hawks back together and quit playing As the World Turns with their personalities.

My two cents
        Last edited by Cosmicman; Jun 24, '07, 11:25 AM.
        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
          With the JSA-JLA- LSH crossover. I am finding this interesting. I am hoping that they somehow find away to keep this version of the LSH around. Maybe make them the future of the new Earth 2. I don't know. Whatever they tried to do revamping the LSH didn't really pan out for me. The classic retro 70s's LSHs versions has always been my favorite.
          I agree... I love the 70s LSH versions and their later incarnations (up to the 5 year later reboot) the best. But the Waid/Kitson LSH just appeared in Brave and the Bold so I'm not sure what in the hell is going on with 2 LSHs.

Red Arrow? I am not sure how to think about this. How do you take a cool name like Arsenal and slide him into a red version of the GA outfit and rename him, "Red Arrow?" Why are we reading JLA books with Green Arrow junior in it? I'd rather eat a bowl of Fruit Loops for breakfast then the plastic bag welfare FRUIT RINGs version. What is up with this?
          Ha! Too funny! Again, I agree I'd rather see Green Arrow in the League than Red Arrow (he belongs with the Titans or Outsiders). But then again, I 'm not too pleased with Geo-Force, Vixen and Black Lightning in the JLA now either.

Hawkman and Hawkgirl. We were watching these two play "hard to get" and now they are dangling on relationships with other heroes. It was confirmed that Kendra is really the reincarnated Hawkgirl, right? Why does she act totally opposite of her former self? Bad writing here. Put the hawks back together and quit playing As the World Turns with their personalities.
          Well with the crap Hawkgirl book and the 2 of them on different teams I'd say the Hawks are heading on another downward spiral once again. Too bad...I liked the revival when Geoff Johns 1st did it.

Any idea WHO was captured in the lightning rod at the end of the story or was that just Brainy's reflection. Again...the book was a little confusing and didn't pan out like I thought it would.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Sorry about what they did with Bart, tho. THey could have just sent back to the 30th century and join the Legion.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• brineb
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 26, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              I dunno, all I'm picking up are the JSA issues because I refuse to buy JLA with those hidious Turner covers and the horrid writing.
              I have to say, I can't stand those covers ... with the latest, I wonder if Turner ever saw a real woman!!!
              I also play with other dolls:
              http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎