X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Anyone else playing Dead Space?

I'm really enjoying it. It is a great game to be playing around Halloween. Really atmospheric and spooky... the sound is great... I wish I were playing it in surround sound.

The ability to freeze the creatures in mid-air and then start slicing them up... too much fun!
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

I was going to buy this the other day, decided to wait until I either read a review or heard some positive word of mouth. Then the new XBOX magazine gave it a pretty low rating, so I was glad I didn't pick it up. Maybe I should rent it.

>The ability to freeze the creatures in mid-air and then start slicing them up... too much fun!

Sounds like FEAR which I liked a lot.

Comment

• lepage
      The Ape General
      • Aug 12, 2001

FEAR was great.

I am curious about Dead space but like you said, its better to wait for feedback before jumping the gun.
      I bought Clive Barkers JERICHO before getting feedback and was REALLY dissapointed.

IMO Condemned "Bloodshot" was the best Horror survival game I ever played! It actually made me jump a lot of times. It kinda reminded me of the normal xbox game "the suffering" which IMO was another great Horror survival game.

We need more horror survival games!
      Last edited by lepage; Oct 29, '08, 6:38 PM.

Comment

• YoungOnce
        Career Member
        • Aug 29, 2007

I agree Lepage... I'm waiting for the new Resident Evil early next year!

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

YouTube - Resident Evil 5 - E3 2008 Trailer (HD)

3 words: BEST...GAME...EVER!!!

Cannot wait.
          I still compare all the survival horror games to RE1 ;which, because at the time nothing like it had ever been made before, scared the living **** outta me.

Comment

• jayihdz
            aaaggghhhh!
            • Mar 6, 2007

I usually wait until I hear good stuff about it and buy it used.

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

Anyone else playing Dead Space.......

Originally posted by stretchandro
              I was going to buy this the other day, decided to wait until I either read a review or heard some positive word of mouth. Then the new XBOX magazine gave it a pretty low rating, so I was glad I didn't pick it up. Maybe I should rent it.

>The ability to freeze the creatures in mid-air and then start slicing them up... too much fun!

Sounds like FEAR which I liked a lot.
              You're right!!!.....XBOX Live magazine gave it pretty low scores. However, GameInformer gave it a 9.25 out of 10 and deemed it " Game of the Month" for Nov 2008. I hate it when two major Video magazines give completely opposite views on some games.......get's confusing. I'll rent and judge for myself. Here's some games to look foward to for the XBOX 360 in the near future: 1)Operation flashpoint 2:Dragon Rising.....2)Left 4 Dead...3)Gears of War 2....4)Fable 2.....5)Fallout 3.....6)Prince of persia......7)Resident Evil 5 and 8)Batman: Dark Asylum......OH Boy!! I can't wait.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                Career Member
                • Aug 29, 2007

Ok... I'm on chapter 7 now and this has been a real fun game. If you liked Resident Evil 4, you should like this one. It has exactly the same over the shoulder perspective...

The sound is great... spooky and atmospheric... you will jump if you play this in the dark!

It handles well, with interesting, novel weapons that slice and dismember the aliens.

Great fun.

Comment

• lepage
                  The Ape General
                  • Aug 12, 2001

I just beat the last level yesterday. This game was fantastic!
                  The thing that I especially loved about it, it seemed longer then the normal game. My biggest complaint with games these days is that you start really getting into them and then the last level comes.

If you have not played it yet, get it! You wont be sorry. It was rated #1 game of the year in gamepro beating out Gears OW 2.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎