X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaptainTrenchcoat
    Career Member
    • Jul 6, 2006

Resizing pix

I tried to add some pix of items I wanted to sell in the marketplace but I received a message stating that the pix were to big. How do I resize them? I am not very computer literate. :(
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

The old gallery ------- if the pic was too big, the gallery would resize it automatically.

The new gallery doesn't do this ?

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

You should have some sort of Photo editing software that came with your computer or camera. It should help you resize the picture, and also crop it down if you want to show a specific area in the photo. Saving it as a JPEG should let you reduce the file size as well, by reducing the quality. Most pictures can be save at 80% and significantly reduce the file size with minimal loss of detail. Your program's HELP feature should be able to show you how to do all of this fairly easily. There are also online tools that might work as well, but I'd get comfortable with your own software if possible.

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
        Career Member
        • Jul 6, 2006

I took some pics of the items I wanted to sell and uploaded into my computer. I then went to load it into the thread I started and they wouldn't load.

Thanks guys, I got it.
        Last edited by CaptainTrenchcoat; Jun 23, '07, 6:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Dave Mc
          Administrator
          • Oct 20, 2002

What were trying to do is prevent what happened in the old gallery. The old gallery didn't actually resize. It uploaded the pic as it was, and sized it for display only. We'd have pics that were 3 megs loaded, and if they were resized, could have been 50kb. Anthony's looking at some software that would resize when uploading, and if he finds something will make it work.

In the meantime, you will have to alter this yourself. In a photo program, decrease the DPI if it's set high. Change the pixel size so it fits it's max 800pixels in width. Save at as a medium quality jpeg. Photoshop has a "save for web" option that optimizes for web size files.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
            Career Member
            • Jun 10, 2007

What's the specific image tag info for this forum so I can post an actual pic and not a link from a web site? most forums are differnt.

Example.... [img] web page [/img] and [image] web page [/image] I know these don't do it, I just get a link on one and regular typed sentance on the other.

So what's this ones?

Lynn

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

[ IMG]pic here[/IMG ] minus the spaces between IMG and the brackets
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

In other words, you need the direct link to the file (.jpg or .gif) in between the img tags, not the web page.

Comment

• Dave Mc
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 20, 2002

Or you can click the picture icon when you are writing a post and the tags appear for you.

Comment

• ABMAC
                    User
                    • May 16, 2002

There's a new entry in the FAQ about resizing pictures.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎