X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuart
    Hi-Yo Silver Away!
    • Jun 18, 2007

What would a Mego Flash look like?

Since Flash was overlooked by Mego, I was just wondering what he would look like if he had been included in the WGSH line. I've seen many great custom versions of the guy, but I can't help to wonder.....Would the Mego version have "oven mitt" gloves? Would he have worn the traditional superhero boots? Would his "lightning" belt been sewn to his costume? Any ideas?
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Captain America Head
    Shazam! Boots
    & red Hands. His Bolts woulda Been Silk Screen.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

Probably pretty close BlackKnight. I think it would really depend on what point in time the figure was designed. If it came earlier, I think you're dead on.If it came out later, he probably would have been done along the lines of Kid Flash...ie, correct boots, new square jawed head sculpt, and unique plastic gloves.

Thats my 2 cents anyways.
      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• blastphemey
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 11, 2008

i think if he had come out early they would baiscally use a cap. A head(differnt colour of course) because mego was mego i think they would have just reused shazams entire outfit and add red oven mitts.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Yeah,.. I dunno. I kinda Gave my Reciepe for What if Flash came "Later" rather than Eairlier.. Mego was in recycling parts Obviously,.. so It's seriously a No Brainer on the fact they would have seriously rolled with the Captian America Head,.. inwhich was so Dang Close anyways imo.

However some of the Build up might have been different if the figure came Eairly ,.. or Later. You could argue many points on that one.

If he woulda Been with the 1st WGSH,.. Batman , Robin, Captain America , Superman, Aquaman , Tarzan... Yada,.. Yada..

He mighta Come with in regaurds to Hands,..
          Red Hands,.. or well like they did to Cap,.. just flesh Hands.
          For me,.. it's hard for me to believe the character woulda came with Oven Mitt's.. If he did,.. there is no way the Time with the Lighting Bolts woulda Been put on the Gloves,.. they woulda Just been Red.

But then,.. Why not do that to Captain America ?

& The Later,.. Again a No Brainer,.. they just got the Torch Hands sitting over there...

The Bolts seem as if they woulda just been Silk Screen. It just makes sense,.. given the Outfits of the WGSH..

As far as the Boots do Go,.. perhaps Mego Woulda had the Foresight to correctly make his Boots,.. if he was produced later. After All,.. Look at how Correct Green Goblin, Thor & Conan are. Mucho likeness there imo. But if he would been made eairly,.. for Sure they woulda Just slapped the Shazam! Boots on Him. Hell,.. Mego didn't even Get Shazam!'s boots right & they had the Andorian ! .
          Last edited by BlackKnight; Oct 27, '08, 7:13 PM.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

Cap's head molded in red with yellow wings. Most logical and inexpensive way to do it which was pretty much the Mego motto. Few companies got their dollar's worth from molds the way Mego did.

Red suit with red lower arms and hands ala the 12 inch Spidey. Maybe even the red torso like Torch came with to hide the neck line that might be exposed.

Cut hero boots like Mr F but higher, Klingon boots in yellow and cut off would look better, but that didn't happen until ChiPs came along years later.

I think the logo would have been a sticker and not SS. They didn't do it with Batman, Robin, Superman, or Shazam so I doubt they would have with Flash. For some reason they only did it with the Super Gals. Girls got SS, and the early guys got satin shorts. In hind sight the SS route would have made a lot more of the early Supes,Bats, and Aquaman suits survive the test of time.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I think Dr. Mego's Flash is a pretty accurate guess. The lightning bolts on the head look to be taken from KidFlash (which Mego was good at borrowing from other figures to make new ones). The same is true for the bolts on the boots. Plus I could have seen them just giving him a snap on belt loosely looking a lightning bolt. Gloves? Not so sure there. I like what Dr. Mego did, but in all likelihood it would have been just red hands and MAYBE some silk screen bolts on his arms. Then again Mego did not always cover every small detail of a character's costume (Look at Cap - no white on those sleeves or recognition of the gloves either).

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

Re-worked Cap head with bolts addded to ears, Spider-man body, jumpsuit with belt and arm bolts silk-screened on, a paper chest sticker and standard yellow boots.

If Flash had come out around Green Arrows' wave I could see them giving him a unique and new head sculpt and maybe a lightning chest sticker like Kid Flash or the FF. But I doubt the rest of what I had listed would have changed.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                  Career Member
                  • May 14, 2007

The mego way:

Type 1:
                  Captain America head
                  Shazam suit and boots
                  Spiderman hands
                  paper sticker for chest

Type II:
                  Captain America head
                  Screened suit
                  Spiderman hands
                  Maybe new correct yellow boots

Why still use the CA head on the type II? Simple; just like they reused the Lizard head for the Gorn. A color change for Cap and you got The Flash. Yep, that's what they would've done.

As for Mego reusing molds, they don't have anything on Mattel.

Bob

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I don't feel like they would re-use the Captain America head. All of the heroes were original sculpts, and then the heroes were used for other figures (Don, Tex Willer, etc.) So I think Mego would have done a new sculpt. I agree with the silkscreened outfit like Spider-man and no paper sticker. Also, I think they would have used the red hands. I would have liked more accurate boots too, those would be cool. I guess regular Shazam boots would be OK.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

I think they would have used caps head just upgraded it. Ears would have been taken out the wings may have stayed or taken completely out and the mask re-worked.

Green Arrow is one of mego's finest and yet he's a redone reworked Pirate. To save cost.
                      Which mego was already doing.
                      They may have used Captain marvels costume because the Filmation Flash had Yellow gloves. So maybe Yellow hands would have been added.Or Spidey's Body with the red hands since they had tons of those.If a red suit would have been used maybe a Molded flash belt may have been used. The Boots would be the standard mego boots.

When i did my custom flash I used Cap and he looks just like what i thought Mego would do......

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Really? What pirate head did GA start out as?

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                          OH JES!!
                          • Jul 21, 2005

Long John Silver's head is Green Arrow's reworked....ABMAC pointed that out on the old boards I think he had an picture changing showing that.....

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Ok, but if GA was first and then used for Long John Silver then that would follow what I wrote, that the heroes were all original and then recycled into other lines.

If Long John was first, then oops! I'm wrong!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

Can't answer that maybe one of the experts on the Boards here can....I can see the pirate existing first then adding Green Arrow's mask and everything else...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎