X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Diamond Spotlights Benjamin Holcomb

Diamond Scoop has published a spotlight on Benjamin Holcomb, author of the upcoming Mego Book World's Greatest Toys and it's a really great read with some nice visuals. Check it out here or click on Cap.

More...
  • jemboy2004
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2005

Awesome! Can't wait to get the book. It looks like it's gonna be Fantastic!!

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

Great article! It just makes me look forward to October that much more. Good to see some more of that great photography as well.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Very nice! Can't wait for the book either!
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Looking forward to it as well. Congrats Ben
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• imp
            Mego Book Author
            • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
            Looking forward to it as well. Congrats Ben
            Thanks guys! I just got back from a short vacation. Missing the publication of this Scoop, I am seeing the finished piece for the first time.

I am thrilled to see the book publicized outside of our circle, but I must confess I was a little disappointed. The format was actually an interview, featuring really pointed and wonderful questions. For reasons unknown, the editors chose to remove all of the questions and simply string together all of my answers into a single, rambling monologue.

I believe the piece would make a lot more sense if it were presented as the interview it truly was. I asked the editors to publish the unaltered version... but I guess they decided against it. I'm not complaining, but I feel like the piece reads like a series of non sequiturs, when that really wasn't the case.

Either way, it's great to see word of the book get out beyond our community, and I'm really appreciative of the Scoop crew.

Benjamin
            Last edited by imp; Jun 27, '07, 2:19 AM.

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

I am guessing we aren't seeing it that way, having not been privy to the original format. You have to go back and re-read it to see what you mean.

You come off very well in the piece, and I think it will be an eaily digestible piece for people outside the group. You represented well, despite the editing.

Comment

• dumbldor
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 9, 2002

A very cool read, Benjamin, and, shucks, you didn't have to mention lil ol' me.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by imp
                  Thanks guys! I just got back from a short vacation. Missing the publication of this Scoop, I am seeing the finished piece for the first time.

I am thrilled to see the book publicized outside of our circle, but I must confess I was a little disappointed. The format was actually an interview, featuring really pointed and wonderful questions. For reasons unknown, the editors chose to remove all of the questions and simply string together all of my answers into a single, rambling monologue.

I believe the piece would make a lot more sense if it were presented as the interview it truly was. I asked the editors to publish the unaltered version... but I guess they decided against it. I'm not complaining, but I feel like the piece reads like a series of non sequiturs, when that really wasn't the case.

Either way, it's great to see word of the book get out beyond our community, and I'm really appreciate to the Scoop crew.

Benjamin

They did the same thing to me last year, it made it look like I just wrote an essay about myself.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mego boy CA
                    megos are FUN!!
                    • Mar 30, 2006

Book looks awsome, can't wait to get it!
                    sigpic
                    "To The Batmobile!"
                    "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

• brineb
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 26, 2006

Congrats!!! Book will be a must-have!!!
                      I also play with other dolls:
                      http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...