• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Dollar store find

So;

I went to the dollar store this morning for parts for a custom and some Kinder eggs. (I've been going through insane amounts of them eggs 'cos I want the little robot warrior guys that are out this year....) They had little tripods that screw into a digital camera. They're perfect for taking pics of customs and the like since it'll extend from about 4" to almost a foot.

....if only they had AC adapters for my camera....

Don C.
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

I got the red one a while back. Can't beat it for a buck and it fits in the camera bag.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

what the heck is a Kinder egg?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Delicious German chocolate with a toy inside.

If you go to a toyshow in Germany, there are many, many Kinder dealers.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Man, our Dollar stores don't have anything as cool as chocolate eggs with robots in them.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

you know I had never heard of those things either, even though I spent several summers in Germany. Then the last time I went my, then girlfriend, asked me to get some. I dunno, I thought were kinda gross. The kids love the stupid little toys though

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
              Stuck in a laundry shoot.
              • Oct 8, 2007

You know what My Dollar store has???? ((It is actually called Dollar Tree.))
              Not a freakin thing. It's all complete junk. I think it gets the stuff the other dollar stores can't sell.
              "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                Career Member
                • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                Not a freakin thing. It's all complete junk. I think it gets the stuff the other dollar stores can't sell.
                Your Dollar Tree is not The Dollar General Store. 2 completely different stores. The Dollar Tree is a knock-off of The Dollar General Store: the original cheap/knock-off store. Both stores are hit or miss on good products. This year both are really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Bob

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                  Delicious German chocolate with a toy inside.

If you go to a toyshow in Germany, there are many, many Kinder dealers.
                  Not strictly German
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Man, if only I had a Belgian pal that could hook me up.

Comment

• gman
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 4, 2002

Ever since the lead paint toy scare my Dollar Tree and Dollar General have been terrible in the KO Toy department.... Even Big Lots has nothing good.
                      Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Man, if only I had a Belgian pal that could hook me up.
                        Kinder Surprise (as they're called here) eggs I can hook you up with, the toys inside however are always different and there's no way of knowing what's inside them unless you actually open them up
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                          Removed.
                          • Jun 14, 2008

So which dollar store (if a national chain) did you get this tripod from? What section would it be in if I looked at one in my area? I tried my 99cent store but found nothing of the sort but there are a a bunch of other dollar stores around. I think there's a dollar general but that's not a "dollar" store as far as I know (never actually been in there). I think stuff is different prices (more/less than $1) there? Was it $1?
                          My last girlfriend is from Germany and those eggs sound like the ones she gets her kids from the German store. (some of that German food is gross, LOL)
                          Rich

Comment

• vulcan2074
                            Live Long and Prosper
                            • Mar 23, 2008

I want Robot Toys
                            Sammy

Comment

• Drain
                              megos are yummy
                              • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                              Yea, depends on the store. I have been to several in different location here in Oregon. Each have different item. Sometime it the one in Roseburg is out, the one in Cottage Grove or Eugene/Springfield may have it. There is one dollar tree in eugene that have a whole food section, like a mom and pops store. No fresh fruit and Veggies thou.
                              Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎