X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeoz
    Mego Maker
    • Mar 9, 2007

How many POTA figures planned?

Is EMCE planning to release reproductions of all of the the original Mego Planet of the Apes characters? We know that Zira, Zaius, Cornelius and Soldier Ape are being made, how about Urko, Verdon, Burke, Astronaut and Ursus? Has there been word on additional characters - maybe Taylor?
    Looking for:
    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera
  • censy
    thread killer
    • Sep 26, 2007

I am hoping for more as well. The current card art has only the initial four characters you mentioned. Perhaps if they sell well, a second series will be made. It happened with the Trek line, so its possible.

Chris

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
      • Oct 8, 2007

Is the soldier ape out yet??
      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• censy
        thread killer
        • Sep 26, 2007

Not yet. But I got a message from Joe at the MegoStore, that they were coming in the last week of October. So we're getting close.

Chris

Comment

• Mr Mego
          Love to play with Megos
          • Oct 19, 2003

I noticed new Soldier Ape's gloves that doesn't look like the same leather tunic, why it's flat and round shape? Is that just prototype? I hope EMCE DST will making the correct gloves for the Soldier Ape same or very close to the original....
          Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Right now, they're not planning on doing any others past the four that are due for release within the next few weeks (Cornelius/Soldier Ape & Zira/Dr. Zaius).

Comment

• miguet
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 11, 2007

Of the first four, I'm only interested in the Soldier Ape. It would be cool if he came in different color tunics.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                Career Member
                • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
                Right now, they're not planning on doing any others past the four that are due for release within the next few weeks (Cornelius/Soldier Ape & Zira/Dr. Zaius).
                Is this something that came directly from Paul/ EMCE or DST???

They would be the only ones that would have and know that specific info, I wouldn't trust or listen to anyone else if they said it.

Lynn

Comment

• Mr Mego
                  Love to play with Megos
                  • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by miguet
                  Of the first four, I'm only interested in the Soldier Ape. It would be cool if he came in different color tunics.
                  I agreed about that. I wish DST or Planet X make variation Soldier Apes in the future.......
                  Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally Posted by apes3978

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                    Is this something that came directly from Paul/ EMCE or DST???
                    To answer your question, yes, it came directly from the horses mouth...

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
                      This kind of bothers me. Even though I own all of the originals, I was hoping for expansion/updated figures like EmCe did for their Star Trek line: Gorn, Khan, Sulu, and Chekov.
                      Scott

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 10, 2007

That bothers me as well, last I heard there was talk of Ursus and Urko over the summer.
                        When did this change?

Lynn

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

I was hoping for a Charlton Heston Taylor.
                          sigpic

Comment

• censy
                            thread killer
                            • Sep 26, 2007

This is very disappointing, if indeed true.

Chris

Comment

• megocrazy
                              Museum Trouble Maker
                              • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
                              This kind of bothers me. Even though I own all of the originals, I was hoping for expansion/updated figures like EmCe did for their Star Trek line: Gorn, Khan, Sulu, and Chekov.
                              I think the first four sales will decide if any others are released. Trek was a little different to consider, because the new movie is keeping the name in the spotlight. If they were going to try another vintage Mego line to produce, Apes is the most logical one based on the availability/cost of the license versus popularity of the line. Apes don't really have anything current to keep it going so the sales will most likely determine wether the line continues. While EMCE is producing the figures it's still Diamond calling the shots. It will as always come down to the almighty buck. I'm sure with the announcement of Kirk/Klingon going to a second run things have looked pretty positive thus far, at least on the Trek front. Since there was an overwhelming thought that the initial figure selection would be kinda flat obviously someone made the purchases and there is apparently enough interest from Diamonds customers to warrant a second run. While I definately would like to see the Apes line get some previously unproduced characters, the Trek line is already at the point of producing new figures. I would rather see that expanded to NextGen characters, DS9 etc. since the chances seem better for success, especially if the new movie is good. It should cause a lot of hype for everything Trek. It's really more a matter of timing to current events helping to ensure success than anything. If Diamond has success with their EMCE figures, you'll more than likely see other licenses come to the surface willing to hop on board to make a buck.
                              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎