• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

best 9" body??

Hiya folks,

I'm working on a custom that stands a little taller than the average mego man. My abacus says he should be around 9" tall with his boots on and hair slicked back. What are some good body types to look for as a base for megoish customs? I don't really want anything too bulky - this is not a superman or wrestler.

thanks
    rche
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

A Hasbro Marvel or DC body. Or if you wait, Mezco has some superarticulated stuff out and coming out for its Warriors and Heroes 9 inch lines.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

what did hasbro do that is 9" DC?

I know of the Marvel signature line, was there something like that over on the DC side?

thanks
      rche

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Are the Famous covers bodies worth a dam for customs? Any others?

thanks
        rche

Comment

• aquatroy
          Permanent Member
          • Apr 28, 2002

Mego did make a few 9" bodies (the Flash Gordon series comes to mind). You might bump around on eBay and see if you can find a nekid Flash, Ming, or Zarkov. You might also try using a Big Jim body. I recently got a damaged Big J and I've been experimenting with attaching heads and the like. I haven't figured anything out yet, but I'm sure there's a way to get it done.
          Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Hiya Aquatroy,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have not taken a ruler to them, but the Big Jim and Flash Gordon bodies are more like 10s and are a little too tall for what I am trying to do. I tried lining them up against the regular 8" mego and neither worked. Thanks again, tho.

rche

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

The FC's suck for the most part. The Hasbro Marvel line reused the bodies from its earlier DC line back when they had the DC rights. See most of my customs for what the bodies look like.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎