X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

any ideas

need some help here big time i want to make a custom of my all time fav x-men CYCLOPS, finaly got a scarecrow figure off e-bay for the body, but i still need a head and i also want to have his visor glow any ideas how to pull that off?
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

Russ has a couple Cyclops head. Brian Leitner has one, Troy Younger has one. Find the one you like best.

Perhaps you can hollow it out, open up the visor area with a drill bit, cover it with some red plastic something or other, and shove a red christmas tree light up the head through the neck (which you have hollowed out).

Of course, you'd have to plug him in, but it would look cool as hell!

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Other idea

PM me. I might know someone who has one and out of respect I don't want to blab his name all over the board and he'd probably not charge you an arm and a leg for the head.
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

10 bucks from Russ. 2 Bucks to cast it in clear,.. then do what Dave said. :wink2:

... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• gman
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 4, 2002

Okay --- win this figure....

The jack-o-lantern head lights up --- but best of all the light is red/orange and the head pops right off ... there is a button his back that lights him up...
          a little plastic surgery with a dremel should get it out intact. Maybe use a torso from a Fonzi and remove the thumbs up action and use the button as the switch... Then use BK's idea of the clear resin head with the visor not painted to allow the light to shine through. If you can't find the Jack-O-Lantern PM me and I might have one still....
          Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Here's the lotech solution. Get a Cyke head cast clear from one of the head guys already mentioned, paint it up. Paint the red part transparent red and leave a spot on the top of the head unpainted and then when light hits the top of the head, it will shine thru the transparent red part, just like the GI Joe Atomic Man. I did the very same thing on a Batman head I got from Aquatroy.
            Last edited by thunderbolt; May 11, '07, 3:18 AM.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              when light hits the top of the head, it will shine thru the transparent red part, just like the GI Joe Atomic Man.
              Super Powers Darkseid also if I recall
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

A GLOWING visor....? That's a tricky one! A clear head with unpained visor is a decent start. You could set up an LED in the body that would defuse it through the head, or leave the clear spot on top. (The newer Jawas do that trick too.)

I'd be tempted to Dremel off the visor, cast a clear one, hollow the head and set up an LED inside it. Run the wires into the body and either cut a flap in the back for a battery, or run contacts to the outside of the body so that you can plug in a 9-volt or somesuch. (I've done it with some Gundam kits.) That way you don't have to worry about a battery popping inside the figure.

Don C.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 10, 2006

thanks for the advice everyone, and thanks for the names of people who have the head aviable,
                  Last edited by Bionic Joe; May 13, '07, 1:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎