X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theressa
    Sewing...?
    • Jun 13, 2004

Curious carded Zira

Last edited by theressa; Apr 14, '08, 11:40 PM.
    Wants, original parts; thinking...
    It's the quiet ones you gotta watch!
    Custom suits, in time
    T_SUITS
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

That's weird I've never seen that,she doesn't look opened in the pics,how does she look on hand?
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kingcarm
      That Ape Guy
      • Sep 7, 2001

Hi Theressa, the black mark under Zira's feet is covering up the copy-right info. I believe that the Zira you have is on the larger, first release card. If you have any other carded megos, compare the card sizes. When the first 5 Mego figures (corny, zira, astro, zaius s.ape) were first released they were on larger carded then mego decided to save money and made the cards smaller. Why Mego would cover up the copy-right info is a mystery to me. I actually have a Zira that has the copy-right info between her feet but it isn't blacked-out. I also have a few carded apes where the copy-right info is "deleted" with a silver strip.
      Carm

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by kingcarm
        Hi Theressa, the black mark under Zira's feet is covering up the copy-right info. I believe that the Zira you have is on the larger, first release card. If you have any other carded megos, compare the card sizes. When the first 5 Mego figures (corny, zira, astro, zaius s.ape) were first released they were on larger carded then mego decided to save money and made the cards smaller. Why Mego would cover up the copy-right info is a mystery to me. I actually have a Zira that has the copy-right info between her feet but it isn't blacked-out. I also have a few carded apes where the copy-right info is "deleted" with a silver strip.
        I actually don't know much about any of this, but looking at what is blacked out... it appears that the copyright stated that it was copyright Mego instead of whomever Mego was licensing the property from (the film/tv studio, or perhaps the author of the book?).
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎