X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

Benadryl Dreams

I have bad allergies, and I sometimes take Benadryl before going to bed, but it's been months since I've done that. Anyway, I was feeling bad last night so I took the usual dose (two pills) and it knocked me for a loop. I slept nearly twelve hours and had the weirdest dreams.

Does anyone else have weird dreams on Benadryl?

I dreamed I was at this vacation place (?) with all sorts of people, including both my Grandmother and Father, both who have been dead for years. People, of course, had left all sorts of things before in the room over the years, including a weird carded Russian Dinah-Mite variant. (When I first looked at her she was 8", but later in the dream she was 12" and had a really ugly face!) There was all sorts of stuff in the closets in the hotel room, including a ton of unopened boxes of Fisher Price Little People from the late 60's or early 70's. A trio of girls from high school were also there, and they suddenly seemed all interested in me, which definitely wasn't the case in high school. It went on and on, but the memory is fading. I do remember having to rent a semi-trailer to fit all the stuff from the hotel room, though!

Do any of you have weird dreams when you take Benadryl?

Joe
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

I don't take Benadryl, but I have disturbing dreams if the room is too warm.

Comment

• highquality
      #1 Super Guy
      • Jun 10, 2003

That's wild, Joe. Yeah, dreams in and of themselves can be really freaky. I see stuff in my dreams that I know I've never seen in my entire life...Crystal Clear images of stuff that seems like it's from another world. Makes me wonder how this crap ever entered my psyche.

Originally posted by JDeRouen
      (When I first looked at her she was 8", but later in the dream she was 12" and had a really ugly face!)Joe
      This is yet another Side Effect known as Benadryl Goggles. I wouldn't advise taking them before heading out to Da Club.
      WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I have had a couple of lou-lous doped up on Endocet/Percocet........

Never Benadryl thought.....

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

That's the diphenhydramine talkin. It's Benadryl's main ingredient, and can knock you out pretty good. A deeply relaxed brain can lead to some pretty crazy dreaming.

The same antihistamine ingredient is used in OTC sleep-aids like Nytol etc.

I've been taking an occasional Benadryl too this pollen season, altho I only do one at a time. Two would probably knock me flat..

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
            Stays Crunchy in Milk
            • Aug 2, 2004

Sinus and alergy medicine makes me have very restless sleep and I try and avoid it... it also shrinks up the boys worse than a swim in cold water
            Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• mitchedwards
              Mego Preservation Society
              • May 2, 2003

Ususally crazy dreams are a indicator I'm getting sick.

Benedryyl just knocks me out.

My Doc has me on zyrtec and singulair for my alergies, and so far I have felt great.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• DocDrako
                Formerly Doc Drako
                • Nov 11, 2004

NyQuil has that effect on me. Very vivid dreams. It's kind of cool because I rarely have vivid dreams. I take 'em when I can get 'em. Nightmares or not. But since I rarely take NyQuil, they are few and far between.

I hate the dreams where I find stuff. I wake up all excited only to be disappointed. In one dream I was doing a tile job for this guy. I was in his bedroom for some reason and I looked under his bed. I found a bunch of Megos under there. He told me, "Those are my old toys from when I was a kid...you can have them." or something like that. I carried them home in a box. When I woke up, I started looking for my box of Megos for about 10 seconds until I realized that it was a dream.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                  Museum Chaplain
                  • Nov 26, 2002

I haven't had any doozies in a long time, but can relate to the finding stuff and waking up dreams. Now my brain tricks me (because I'm now a pessimistic dreamer and I think "I must be dreaming") and I "wake up" in my dream to find everything still there....only to really wake up and find it all gone. Sucks.
                  "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎