X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bagmonster
    Registered Lurker
    • Apr 13, 2002

Thor Helmet Rescue

The quest for a Thor helmet going on in the marketplace got me thinking. I have a structurally sound helmet with the silver plating (?) worn off. Any solutions out there worth using to reclaim my helmet?

Also, going back a few years, there was a site that sold in-scale, metal hammers that worked well with the Mego Thor. I seem to remember it even had leather straps! Does anyone recall the site? A link even?

Thanks!

PS I mostly wanted to use the accessory icon.
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

There is a chrome paint out there by Krylon that looks pretty good. That will help your Thor helmet.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

[QUOTE=bagmonster;212973]The quest for a Thor helmet going on in the marketplace got me thinking. I have a structurally sound helmet with the silver plating (?) worn off.QUOTE]

That helmet is worthless, really. But I'm willing to take it off your hands....
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

There was a discussion on here a while back about a place that chromes plastic parts, and can rechrome stuff, but any little flaws show up.
        I think this is it.

Chrome Plating - Mego Talk
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

Most paints are a temp fix solution on plastic objects. Modelers sometimes apply foils to model parts to achieve metalic looking results. This would be something in need of research as I have never attempted the proceedure.

PS recently scored a Thor on ebay sans helmut. So Im hoping you well on your project.
          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎