Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove black stains off EMCE Retro Captain Kirk's neck?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

How to remove black stains off EMCE Retro Captain Kirk's neck?

When I opened the Captain Kirk and I noticed there's black bleed marked on Kirk's front and back of the neck by the black collar, I think it can be removed by special eraser pen thing, called "Zit" but I asked employees at all Hobby Lobby stores, they don't know what is "Zit"..... they knows nothing about that and don't know about vintage and modern action figure's mold heads......

Do ya know what's the name of other brand to removing the black mark stains off my Kirk's neck? LMK, Please HELP!!!
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

maybe a teeny bar of Irish Springs?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drmego
      EMCE Toys
      • Jun 15, 2001

Try a little acetone (nail polish remover) on a Q-Tip or a napkin. Acetone is good for
      taking the paint off of PVC heads, but make sure the windows are open.
      www.drmego.com
      www.megoman.com
      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Mr Mego
        Love to play with Megos
        • Oct 19, 2003

Thank you Dr.Mego for a BIG help!

I'll buy that and I'll do it with Q-tip and I'll open the windows up in my back bedroom (I have small hobby shop there) Thank you for your help Paul, my new Kirk will be saving life! I'm appreciate it.

What's "PVC" stand for? Just curious.

I checked your Website about EMCE clamshells with picture of it then now it's gone, what happen? I wanted to buying 15 clamshells from you for my complete EMCE Retro Mego Star Trek & Aliens collection.

Some of my clamshells have been slight damaged, punched and scruffs on the bubbles but all cards (front & back) are fine. I just need to buying new 15 EMCE clamshells (non-heated) from you. I'll email you soon.
        Last edited by Mr Mego; Oct 9, '08, 8:46 PM.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Commander
          I'll buy that and I'll do it with Q-tip and I'll open the windows up in my back bedroom (I have small hobby shop there) Thank you for your help Paul, my new Kirk will be saving life! I'm appreciate it.

What's "PVC" stand for? Just curious.

I checked your Website about EMCE clamshells with picture of it then now it's gone, what happen? I wanted to buying 15 clamshells from you for my complete EMCE Retro Mego Star Trek & Aliens collection.

Some of my clamshells have been slight damaged, punched and scruffs on the bubbles but all cards (front & back) are fine. I just need to buying new 15 EMCE clamshells (non-heated) of yours, I'll email you soon.
          PVC stands for "polyvinyl chloride", doesn't help much, does it?

And doc now has a new website, check Dr. Mego's Repros
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

I tried the Acetone on the EMCE Kirk's Neck...it doesn't work. I instead had to find an original Kirk Head from someone here at MM Market Place.
            sigpic

Comment

• Mr Mego
              Love to play with Megos
              • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
              PVC stands for "polyvinyl chloride", doesn't help much, does it?
              Thanks for LMK.

Originally posted by Meule
              And doc now has a new website, check Dr. Mego's Repros
              I have that one on my signature, haven't you seen my signature bellow? or did you turn off our member's signatures in your User CP?

Comment

• Mr Mego
                Love to play with Megos
                • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                I tried the Acetone on the EMCE Kirk's Neck...it doesn't work. I instead had to find an original Kirk Head from someone here at MM Market Place.
                Oh, no!!!! Sorry to heard that buddy....... I have to buying another one in Houston, TX at Comic Stores to looking for Kirk(s) then I have to look at it before I buy a better one!!

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

The Product you were originally asking about is named Remove-Zit

http://www.twinpines.com/Catalog.htm...tegoryID=00002

Comment

• Mr Mego
                    Love to play with Megos
                    • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hulk

Yeah, I heard about that name from our a member in the old chat room long time ago but I lost that site link. I tried to create account for that but it said "credit card", I don't see any kind of money order, I don't have PayPal.... I sent "contact us" emailed to them. I hope they'll accept the Postal Money Order. My mother cannot charge using her PayPal because she had major problems with her PayPal account in the past. Thanks for that link for me. I bookmarked it.

Comment

• Hulk
                      Mayor of Megoville
                      • May 10, 2003

You are welcome Pat.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                        Love to play with Megos
                        • Oct 19, 2003

Yesterday I checked that link but it's till error over and over again till today... what's the hell going on??? I hope it's not blocking me off!

When I click that link then it's showing up to me:

The page cannot be displayed
                        The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
                        If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
                        If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
                        click Detect Network Settings
                        Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
                        If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
                        Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
                        Internet Explorer

Click here for Internet Connection Help

Tools and troubleshooting information from HP to fix internet connection problems.

Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
                        I came to my mother's house and checked on her computer, it's still same thing happen to her too.... I have no idea how to use settings in my computer....... GOD!!!

Do you have different website link that "Removing Zit" dolls available in stock? if so, that might helps me to see it well without keeping blocking me.... thanks for trying to help........
                        Last edited by Mr Mego; Oct 11, '08, 4:34 PM.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                          Love to play with Megos
                          • Oct 19, 2003

Hello? Anyone who can helping me to finding out what's the problem in my Internet???

That link Paul gave to me, it's worked that date then and I bookmarket (Favorite File) that link and the next day it's still errors in 3 days, I need help!!!

Originally posted by Hulk

Last edited by Mr Mego; Oct 12, '08, 2:03 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

How to remove black stains off EMCE REtro Captain Kirk's neck?

I just tried clicking on it and it's definitely them, not you.

Have you tried using the Mr. Clean Eraser? I hear that it's great for removing stains and dirt.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• Mr Mego
                              Love to play with Megos
                              • Oct 19, 2003

Oh OK. I'll talk to my mother's neighboor friend about my Internet, to fixing the problem for me.

I have not tried using the Mr. Clean Eraser yet, I didn't know that'll works great for removing stains and dirt but I'll try that.

Thanks for trying to help me!
                              Last edited by Mr Mego; Oct 12, '08, 4:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎