X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Knee pins

Will CTVT knee pins work in Mego and Doc Mego bodies or are they too small?
    Scott
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

Don't know about CTVT kneepins as i never tried but DOC'S fit's MEGO's no problem and last i checked were the same price

Comment

• sauce
      Removed
      • Jun 24, 2007

i've used a CTVT knee pin in Mego knees and had no problem

Comment

• spotter
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 6, 2008

I've used CTVT pins but prefer to place the male pin(cap top side) into Mego original female pins ( well side) since they are a little less tight overall and tend to break less when posed
        Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• Action Martin
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 30, 2007

I must be doing something wrong. I am following the instructions at custommego.com to remove knee pins and wrist pins but it isn't working.
          Scott

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
            • Oct 8, 2007

I have heated up the joint with a hair dryer or hot water and had success, but I think it is something of a crap shoot. I have snapped a few also with this method.
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

I built a knee pin remover from a tool used to remove scale train wheels from engines. Instead of pushing the axle out it pushes the pin out. Cost about 8 bucks, but I've had it for years.
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• spotter
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 6, 2008

Originally posted by Action Martin
                I must be doing something wrong. I am following the instructions at custommego.com to remove knee pins and wrist pins but it isn't working.
                If you are working with a broken pin simply drill out the remaining peg and you are good to go to replace with a new male end,

if working with a complete leg pin you can try to heat part with boiling water to soften the plastic. you can hit it out using a small awl or screw driver if you don't have a flat punch, I do agree with others that knee pins tend to break upon removal but the replacements are pretty solid.
                Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• Action Martin
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 30, 2007

The broken knee pin fell out. I can't remove the knee pin from the CTTV leg to make the repair. After 5 days I gave up and just bought some knee pins from Doc.

But I still can't get the wrist and ankle pins out and I really need to that. Wolfman wants to wear his Type3Toys paws.
                  Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Doc's knee pins worked! Yay!

And I discovered what my problem was with the wrist and ankle pins: Doc's wrist & ankle pins have tiny caps on them that prevent them from being fully pushed out. So I had to "dig" around the wrists to pull the hands out and then remove Doc's pins with pliers. Since the caps prevent the pins from sliding back in I had to replace Doc's pins with CTVT pins. And now everything is fine. Whew!
                    Scott

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎