Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone, or There Spouse, Scrapbook?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aquatroy
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 28, 2002

Does Anyone, or There Spouse, Scrapbook?

First off, I'M NOT SCRAPBOOKING! This is for a custom application.
    I'm looking for a 1/4" Oval paper punch, but can only find 5/16". Can someone point me in the right direction? Is this creature even available?

Thanks in advance
    Troy
    Last edited by aquatroy; Oct 8, '08, 8:54 AM.
    Hey! Check out the pictures.
  • david_b
    Never had enough toys..
    • May 9, 2008

Best place to go is Creative Memories. They have their site on line, and lots of high level, professional products.. My wife is a sales person and does LOTS of scrapbooks. Send me a PM as a reminder and I'll ask her for pricing, etc..

It took her 3yrs to finally convince me to do one and it actually turned out pretty macho, no sticky decals and crap, but lots of nice narrative on my life growing up, pics of favorite early toys, vintage pictures of 'Quisp' and other cool things folks have forgotten about, all on black pages. Also lots of small pics of comics I particularly enjoyed, etc.

I'm quite proud of it actually ~ It's just from birth to me joining the Army after college so far, but I hope to finish it someday...
    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• aquatroy
      Permanent Member
      • Apr 28, 2002

Originally posted by david_b
      Best place to go is Creative Memories. They have their site on line, and lots of high level, professional products.. My wife is a sales person and does LOTS of scrapbooks. Send me a PM as a reminder and I'll ask her for pricing, etc..

It took her 3yrs to finally convince me to do one and it actually turned out pretty macho, no sticky decals and crap, but lots of nice narrative on my life growing up, pics of favorite early toys, vintage pictures of 'Quisp' and other cool things folks have forgotten about, all on black pages. Also lots of small pics of comics I particularly enjoyed, etc.

I'm quite proud of it actually ~ It's just from birth to me joining the Army after college so far, but I hope to finish it someday...
      Thanks bro. I'll bust over there momentarily.
      "Quisp"! The cereal or the Aquaman supporting character?

Comment

• david_b
        Never had enough toys..
        • May 9, 2008

God, you should SEE my scrapbook. Don't plan on scanning/posting pics, but I have the coolest jpg graphics printed in color and cut out for this album. Was going to entitle it 'The Greatest Story Ever Told' but I heard that was taken...

I have pictures of Smothers Brothers, MMM toys, Captain Action, Belushi from SNL, it's sort of a 'Wonder Years' narrative, but just how much I heard about 'Nam, Watergate, lots of minature newspaper headlines about man landing on the moon, Nixon, etc.. It's a great way to remember my childhood when I'm using Depends in the nursing home some day...

Oh, it's the cereal, along pics of Jiffy Pop, etc, SGT Pepper, etc..
        Last edited by david_b; Oct 6, '08, 3:29 PM.
        Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• aquatroy
          Permanent Member
          • Apr 28, 2002

HA! That sounds fun.

It looks like Creative Memories works like Pampered Chef or the old Tuperware Parties. Interesting.
          I bounced around the site, but couldn't find paper punches listed seperately. Everything seemed to be bundled into different themes. What I want is the standard Fiskar hand punch with a 1/4" oval.

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

1/4" seems awful big for a hand punch. Can't say I've seen anything bigger than the standard size. Usually they're smaller. My wife scrapbooks and I haven't seen anything that big. You might wanna try looking at the stuff they use for putting holes in leather or installing grommets on tarps. They are bigger, though I'm not sure how clean of a cut they would get or the oval cut. I would expect them to be round. I'll have to look next time I'm at AC Moore. They're the most popular scrapbooking place I go to. Have you checked ebay to see if one is available? I'm sure if there is one somebody is trying to sell it.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• aquatroy
              Permanent Member
              • Apr 28, 2002

I've been all over ebay, and googled the hell out of it.
              It's curious. I'm finding all kinds of shapes at 1/4" (Leaves, bells, hearts). And, I can find some extreamly small circle punches. But the smallest oval I can find is 5/16.

Comment

• gman
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 4, 2002

I don't know if this will work for you ---take a 1/4 brass or aluminum tube -- heat it and CAREFULLY roll it to the oval shape you need --- heat it and cool it real quick ... I think that will aneal it.... Sharpen it with a dremel tool and cut it to about 3" in length add a handle if you want. I have several punches that I made that way -- but no ovals...
                I think K&S makes an oval shaped tube also -- check your local RC hobby store. Hope this helps.
                Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• aquatroy
                  Permanent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2002

Thanks G. I'll have to try the punch making process. What do you use for a die?

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

My wife has been scrapbooking for years. I'll ask her about it tonight Troy.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• gman
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 4, 2002

I actuall have an old vise that belonged to one of my grand-dads -- it has a anvil made into it that I place the material on and use as a surface to punch against -- I have to tap it gently and take my time to get the results I need -- but it has worked on leather and plastic nicely.
                      Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• aquatroy
                        Permanent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2002

Originally posted by ScottA
                        My wife has been scrapbooking for years. I'll ask her about it tonight Troy.
                        Awesome! Thanks Scott.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎