X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Comic Book Geek
    Stays Crunchy in Milk
    • Aug 2, 2004

Mego Memory Contest for Newbies

OK, so recently I was blessed with a stack of Mego Museum cards, and after wading through the official card trading thread I decided to do something different.

I personally have fond memories of the Megos from my childhood. I love to share my memories and it's always great to hear others do the same. Maybe it's your first Mego, a big score at Christmas or even the heartbreak of losing a figure.

Anyone who's been here less than a year is eligible to win some Mego Museum cards, by sharing one of their favorite Mego memories from childhood in a reply to this thread. I'll pick my favorite of the bunch on Monday afternoon and send the cards to the winner.

Anyone who's been here longer than a year feel free to reply, but you will not be eligible to win.
    Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Being a girl, I probably didn't play in the traditional way w/ my AJ guy. But he was my constant companion when I first got him. He hid under the covers and watched out for monsters w/ me at night, he watched Saturday morning cartoons w/ me, he went to Show & tell in kindergarten w/ me. I used to make him climb the couch in the living room, like a mountain, and then I'd put his head in my mouth to get it wet and make it look like he worked up a sweat, (gross I know, but I was only 5). Later on when I got my Big Jack (from Big Jim's world), I used to pretend that Big Jack was the dad, AJ was the older son, and my Ernie Sesame Street finger puppet was the youngest son, and they'd go off in the pursuit car, (Kleenex box), to explore the living room. Sometimes AJ was the boy in my games of house w/ my dolls, (I never had a Ken). When I lost him, I was devastated. We looked all over the apartment for him, finally I just decided to ask Santa to give me a new one for Xmas. He did, but it wasn't the same. He was a darker shade of black than my first one, (who was sorta millato), but what do you know? Xmas day, we found my old AJ behind the couch, so now I had 2, plus 2 new adventure outfits. AJ was my first action figure that started my love for action figures to this day. Now I have 5 AJ's (sadly not my original 2), and I'll always remember my old friend.
    Last edited by HardyGirl; Jun 30, '07, 1:51 PM.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• txteach
      Banned
      • Jun 17, 2005

My favorite memories come from playing "guys" in my best friend Pat's garage. We played with mego heros every day the summer of 75. We were the best of friends and in 4th grade together. Pat made my love of megos grow by having a buddy to play with. About 10 years ago I heard from my mother that Pat died tragically in a car accident. This news brought a flood of sadness and fond memories of our time in hig garage with our megos. This incident convinced me that I wanted to get a small piece of my childhood back. In a way, it keeps Pat alive for me.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by txteach
        My favorite memories come from playing "guys" in my best friend Pat's garage. We played with mego heros every day the summer of 75. We were the best of friends and in 4th grade together. Pat made my love of megos grow by having a buddy to play with. About 10 years ago I heard from my mother that Pat died tragically in a car accident. This news brought a flood of sadness and fond memories of our time in hig garage with our megos. This incident convinced me that I wanted to get a small piece of my childhood back. In a way, it keeps Pat alive for me.

Awww RIP Pat. And keep those memories alive, TX.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• beartex2000
          For display only!!
          • Jun 2, 2007

I can remember my parents taking me to the old Wards near downtown Fort Worth to do some shopping and running accross the Mego Secret Identities. I wasn;t sure what they were at the time but because they were on the discount table and they were super cheap,i was able to buy several. if memory serves me correct they were just heads and suits in little plastic bags. Oh the fun I had over the years cutting those outfits up to make new costums. To see what they are worth now....oh the pain..the pain.

Comment

• nikejam25
            • Jun 29, 2007

the best christmas ever !!!

I remember Christmas of 1977. All I wanted was my favorite DC superheroes. Man did I get them. Shazam, Superman, Batman, Robin, Aquaman...all in window boxes. I couldn't wait to open them up and send them on their adventures. I would get the Batmobile and send them chasing after the Emergency 51 guys. Then I would have them all sit on the edge of the coffee table and stare at them for what seems like hours. If I can find the pictures I'll post them to the site.
            Dammit Jim!!! I'm a doctor not a forklift!!!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎