X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeoz
    Mego Maker
    • Mar 9, 2007

Doc Mego's Iron man belt

Does anyone have one of Doc's repro Iron Man belts? Is it a resin cast of the original? Or is it plastic? How well does it bend around the figure? I need to get a replacement belt for my Iron Man, and an original is really hard to find. I'll go with one of Doc's if it's decent. Thanks!
    Looking for:
    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera
  • mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

Its a resin like belt. The first one I got from Doc Mego snapped in two. However, Doc sent me a free replacement, and that one went on Iron man with no problems.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
      • Oct 8, 2007

I had one break as well in shipping. He (doc) happily and immediately sent another, and after I let it sit in the sun for a few it went on great. I also used a hair dryer on it for a short time to get it to take the proper shape of the waist. They seem to get plyable with warmth, then hold position when they cool down again. No problems.
      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

I'd love to see the Iron Man belt, gloves and boots (along with the Green Goblin boots) made in China in different colors. I know why they aren't but I'm hoping Doc can find a loophole or something.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

Actually it's probably got more to do with the actual tooling cost than the rights. I'm not sure DC or Marvel can copyright a boot design. Goblin boots are elf boots. Elves were around long before Norman Osborne was. Ironman has robot boots and gloves so what you call em is irrelevant. The question is how many colors can you do the boot in to justify spending thousands of dollars tooling a mold? Goblin in Fucia and Purple. Maybe green but if your doing 2000-3000 pieces how many green colored goblin boots would sell? 350 is only 10 to 15 % of the minimum run. How long do you sit on 1500-2500 boots? At least with the generic hero boot, you cover all the original mego's plus any customs being made. Plus you're getting 7 or 8 colors out of the mold. He'd probably pass out from excitement if DC dyed Dick Graysons hair blonde in the comic.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by ScottA
            I'd love to see the Iron Man belt, gloves and boots (along with the Green Goblin boots) made in China in different colors.
            I'm not sure about the Goblin gear but Doc has the IM gloves and boots available in grey and they can be cast in any color. Look for "Astronaut gloves" and "fire rescue boots" on his site.
            Scott

Comment

• mage66
              • Aug 14, 2007

I thought I read a story that Iron Man's head, Gloves and Boots were actually developed for a Doctor Doom Figure...

So, they could be run in Silver for those who wanted to do a Dr. Doom...

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
                I'm not sure about the Goblin gear but Doc has the IM gloves and boots available in grey and they can be cast in any color. Look for "Astronaut gloves" and "fire rescue boots" on his site.
                Don't forget the "Fire Fighter Tool Belt."
                "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Action Martin
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                  Don't forget the "Fire Fighter Tool Belt."
                  I did.
                  Scott

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰