X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Flash #13 (spoilers)

RIP Bart. What a shame. I really liked this character. He was really unique and brought humour to the DCU at a time when it was a rare commodity.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

So they did kill him. Damn.

At least they killed him with the blessing of his creator, Mark Waid. Somehow, that makes me feel better. At least I assume Waid okayed it, since he takes over with All-Flash next month.

Did Wally or Barry show up/return?

I normally don't read spoilers like this, but it will be awhile before I get my next comic shipment from Charlie (Mego Geek).

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Wally turned up at the conclusion of the JSA/JLA/Legion crossover with his wife and two kids (who have been aged a few years like Bart was when he came back from where-ever they were holding Superboy Prime).

Since we know Wally's girl is destined to be Kid-Flash (and the son a slacker-speedster) as per Kingdom Come/The Kingdom, I guess that knocked out any possibility that Bart could have been de-aged and resumed his Kid Flash mantle.

I'm now curious if they had always intended on killing Bart (would huge sales on this latest Flash series have saved Bart's life?) and decided that if they were going to kill him, give him the honour of gaining the mantle of his grandfather before his death. Kind of like Spoiler was always slated to die, but they decided to give her a place in history by making her a Robin before her death.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
        Formerly known as Del
        • Dec 12, 2004

Now I have to wonder...A member of the Titans/Teen Titans family is supposed to die soon. The issue might already be waiting for me at the comic shop, thankfully we're planning to stop there this weekend. I wonder if they were referring to Bart(although he isn't technically a member of the Teen Titans right now, he did show up to help them fight Deathstroke and his team recently), or if someone else is going to bite the dust. I had heard rumors about Bart before, so this is no big surprise. But I thought I had already figured out who was slated to die...I wonder if I could still be right.
        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Poor Tim Drake. He lost both parents, his girlfriend (Spoiler) and now his two best friends (Conner and Bart). If they had killed Nightwing as Didio had planned, he'd have lost his "big brother" too. Of course if they killed Nightwing I'd never buy another new DC comic again.

At least Wally is back, with Linda and the twins. And according to Mark Waid, they aren't going to do something awful to them.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Cosmicman
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Poor Tim Drake. He lost both parents, his girlfriend (Spoiler) and now his two best friends (Conner and Bart). If they had killed Nightwing as Didio had planned, he'd have lost his "big brother" too. Of course if they killed Nightwing I'd never buy another new DC comic again.

At least Wally is back, with Linda and the twins. And according to Mark Waid, they aren't going to do something awful to them.

Chris

Don't count your chickens yet Chris. I heard that young Bart will be coming back as Kid Flash. Yes, he is destined to grow old, become Flash and die but they will most likely play him out a few years as a teen before he somehow returns to the speed force again and of course fate...

But we all know how DC can alter fate. Hence, the big Hourman saga. Remember watching Hourman die? Remember how they cheesed out his death with the robot? Probably expect that with Bart in the future sometime.
            More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I hope Bart DOES come back. It'd be easy enough to say this Bart was really from one of the 52 Earths, and OUR Bart was still alive. I'd buy it.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Don't know why they can't bring back Barry. Marv Wolfman is suppose to have a way for anyone to bring him back if they want to.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by del
                  Now I have to wonder...A member of the Titans/Teen Titans family is supposed to die soon. The issue might already be waiting for me at the comic shop, thankfully we're planning to stop there this weekend. I wonder if they were referring to Bart(although he isn't technically a member of the Teen Titans right now, he did show up to help them fight Deathstroke and his team recently), or if someone else is going to bite the dust. I had heard rumors about Bart before, so this is no big surprise. But I thought I had already figured out who was slated to die...I wonder if I could still be right.
                  In the latest issue of Teen Titans and the Countdown that came out in the same week, the funeral for a Teen Titan they attended was Duela Dent... AKA The Joker's Daughter/Harlequin.

She returned to "active status" as a member of the Titans during the Titans East storyline when she flipped sides by simply asking for membership into the Teen Titans and turned on her partner, the Riddler's Daughter, as well as the rest of Deathstroke and co. Conveniently dying and providing them with a funeral without ever serving any significant time on this incarnation of the team.

Comment

• brineb
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 26, 2006

Too sad ... I like Bart, but better as Impulse or Kid Flash!!!
                    I also play with other dolls:
                    http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• boynightwing
                      That Carl Guy
                      • Apr 24, 2002

I liked him best as Impulse. He was so unique and fun. Impulse #3 remains one of my favorite comics to date. He was given a mission: go to school and make a new friend. Instead a riot breaks out over who gets to beat him up first!

I'm glad Wally's back. He's my favorite Flash. I love him on JLU.

And yeah, if Nightwing had been killed I wouldn't ever buy another DC comic again. Of course given my screen name thats a no brainer

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

I really loved Impulse's solo ongoing as well.

I'm really suprised that DC has never collected that series into Manga sized volumes and aimed them at the Teen market. Young Justice collections would also serve that market in bookstores and libraries.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎