Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you start from scratch and sculpt a mego head?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobws
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 13, 2008

How do you start from scratch and sculpt a mego head?

Ok my nephew wants to make his own character and wants to know how to start to make a head? what materials to use, how long for them to set and what to carve or sculpt with. i need idiot's guide 101 here. for me to understand as well, not necessarily for him. so please you great customizers out there, share to wisdom you've gained. Thank you.
    Last edited by bobws; Sep 27, '08, 2:42 AM. Reason: typing
    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Check out the tutorials in CustoMego
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• bobws
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 13, 2008

the tutorial will only let me save file. i can't on the work computer. so i need another way to get info.
      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Once you have opened the file you could print it I guess
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Dave Mc
          Administrator
          • Oct 20, 2002

Go back to customego, hit f5 to refresh the page and try that tutorial again. I've just altered it to appear as a webpage instead of a downloadable file, so you should be able to open it on your computer now instead of just downloading it.

Comment

• bobws
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 13, 2008

THANKS DAVE! i got it working now.

Comment

• marbkwds
              Da Bronx Mego Collector
              • May 10, 2005

Wow , I tried to check out the tutorial before starting my Evil Ernie head , But I couldn't open it for the life of me , I have been going back and forth on my evil ernie constantly haing to go back and forth fixing one thing while messing up another part I never thought to bake it and do it in steps but I guess I taught myself the hard way ....... I am posting updated pics of the head in my other post ......... Check it out . Roy

Oh and Thanks Dave and bobws ....... Roy

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 3, 2007

I use wax as a medium. Tools are what ever you feel comfy with. Toothpics exacto blades plastic food utensils. Good for starters and cheap. Later, if you get into it. you can hit up the craft store and buy the pro tools
                Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎