X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Lego Batman hits TODAY!

I'm cheap, and very rarely buy games at full price upon release, but for this I'll make the exception. Andrew and I have had countless hours of fun with Lego Star Wars, and this is BATMAN, which we are both obsessed with. So on my lunch break, I'll be picking it up for the Wii. The commercials look fantastic. Anyone else?

Chris
    sigpic
  • wyatterb
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 2, 2001

Mine should be getting picked up at this very moment, however I don't know if I'll have time to play it tonight.

Comment

• mitchedwards
      Mego Preservation Society
      • May 2, 2003

Anyone know if this will be a demo on the Playstation store?

I played the Indian Jones Demo and it was great. Lego Games have a great charm to them that makes them fun to play.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

I'll be getting it just not right away
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Just got it, but can't play it til I get home. Oh the humanity!

Andrew actually has several Lego Batman toys (Batcave, Batmobile, Arkham Asylum, etc) so this will be even sweeter on that level.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

My Boy gets his on his Bday in Oct.
            I really don't play to many games these days... but do find myself playing the Lego ones every so often.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by BlackKnight
              My Boy gets his on his Bday in Oct.
              I really don't play to many games these days... but do find myself playing the Lego ones every so often.
              Oh man thats a goocher...
              My son gets his lego batman on his b-day in october as well???
              He goes nuts for these lego games star wars I,II,indiana and he has been going crazy for this batman one for months now playing the demo.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Raydeen1
                Persistent Member
                • May 23, 2008

My boys are on me to get this. I don't think it will take much convincing.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                  Oh man thats a goocher...
                  My son gets his lego batman on his b-day in october as well???

What Day ?
                  The Boy gets his on the 12th. So it's only 2 weeks out.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• wyatterb
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 2, 2001

I posted earlier that it was picked up this morning which it was, however when I got home tonight I found out that since we were one of the first 12 to get it from Gamestop that we received a Robin Lego figure keychain and a doublesided poster. So far I've played for about an hour and love it.

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
                      I was NEVER here!
                      • Jun 22, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      I'm cheap, and very rarely buy games at full price upon release, but for this I'll make the exception. Andrew and I have had countless hours of fun with Lego Star Wars, and this is BATMAN, which we are both obsessed with. So on my lunch break, I'll be picking it up for the Wii. The commercials look fantastic. Anyone else?

Chris
                      Not Cheap Chris. . . .it's being SMART. . .or another word for it. . . SELECTIVE!

I am exactly the same. . . .I also decided when I saw this yesterday, that it might be time to make an exception! On the PSP (playStationPortable) for us. . . unless I see it on the PS2, but I saw it for PSP yesterday and that is a lot easier for the kids to take and play with them anywhere!

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                        MeGoing
                        • May 14, 2003

I have been stuck into the Star Wars ones, and more recently the Indiana Jones Lego. I have Batman on my watchlist ... have been trying to resist the temptation. Sheesh I hate trying to save. Look forward to hearing what you think of the Batman one.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                          What Day ?
                          The Boy gets his on the 12th. So it's only 2 weeks out.
                          My gets his on the 29th...
                          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• mitchedwards
                            Mego Preservation Society
                            • May 2, 2003

So is the game worth the money? Any reviews

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

If you like Batman, and the Lego Star Wars games, you'll love this. The boy and I just played the first two levels, but already we are hooked. Play is very similar to the Lego SW games (I don't have the Indy game yet, so I can't comment on the similarities there). Lots of fun, and just like the SW games, tons of play value since you can play each level as hero or villain, and go back and play freeplay for access to more cool stuff and all the characters and suits you pick up. The different suits for Batman and Robin is neat, and kind of legitimizes the last 20 years of weird Batman action figure variants.

The only minor gripe I had was getting used to using the Wii remote and nunchuk here. I have both SW games on Gamecube, and we still play them on Wii with the old GC controllers. But that's a minor gripe, and one I'm quickly getting over.

I was pleasantly surprised by the soundtrack (I won't spoil you on that) and the obscure villains that made it into the opening of the game. Don't forget that the McDonald's toys have "cheat codes" somewhere on the sculpts that you can plug into the Batcomputer for extra goodies. We haven't tried that yet, but will soon.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎