• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spotter
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 6, 2008

If only we could see this in the stores

Others may have already seen this but I found it cool

Star Trek The Original Series Cloth Retro Series 3 - Romulan - Model 611253C at Kmart.com

now before I get the verbal beat down I know Kmart is linked into etoys engine, but it is still really neat for me to see Modern MEGOs in the Modern Kresge's
    Looking for t1 LIZARD
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by spotter
    It is still really neat for me to see Modern MEGOs in the Modern Kresge's
    I agree... I know the EMCE Toys stuff will never hit "mainstream" store aisles, but yeah, it'd be kinda cool to see them hanging there rather than only in comic stores...
    Last edited by apes3978; Sep 21, '08, 3:04 PM. Reason: wanted to add a word

Comment

• kryptosmaster
      Removed.
      • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
      I agree... I know the EMCE Toys stuff will never hit "mainstream" store aisles, but yeah, it'd be kinda cool to see them hanging there rather than only in comic stores...
      Well, why couldn't they?
      Would they have to price them so high they'd never sell?
      Or do they not have the capacity to manufacture enough to keep a store like WalMart or Target supplied with inventory?

Rich

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
        Well, why couldn't they?
        Would they have to price them so high they'd never sell?
        Or do they not have the capacity to manufacture enough to keep a store like WalMart or Target supplied with inventory?

Rich
        I don't think the EMCE Toys will ever hit mainstream stores because:

A) They are made in lower numbers, so yeah, they'd probably have trouble keeping the chain stores stocked with product.

B) The EMCE figures really are mainly appealing to the collectors market... there may be some that'd have interest, but face it, most kids these days would have little to zero interest in them... It wouldn't even be worth the chain stores while...

C) And yes, I can see price being an issue with the chain stores... Again, these are mainly "collectors" based figures, so I can't see K-Mart stocking an $18- figure that may not even sell when they could use their space to sell three $6- items that "will" sell...

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
          I don't think the EMCE Toys will ever hit mainstream stores because:

A) They are made in lower numbers, so yeah, they'd probably have trouble keeping the chain stores stocked with product.

B) The EMCE figures really are mainly appealing to the collectors market... there may be some that'd have interest, but face it, most kids these days would have little to zero interest in them... It wouldn't even be worth the chain stores while...

C) And yes, I can see price being an issue with the chain stores... Again, these are mainly "collectors" based figures, so I can't see K-Mart stocking an $18- figure that may not even sell when they could use their space to sell three $6- items that "will" sell...
          Remember one thing though. To stock every K-Mart they would not be able to be produced in lower numbers. The higher production would definately have to result in a lower retail and cost. But I do believe Docs outlying plan, and he can correct me if I'm wrong is the Mego collector and bringing new ones in to the hobby. Putting Mego's into the hands of those too young to have experienced them first hand. While I'm pretty sure he'd love to see EMCE figures hanging in the toy aisles of major store chains as their Mego ancestors did, the design and quality may have to be sacrificed for price, and I don't believe he would do that. I know he wouldn't do that. The unfortunate thing right now is while a Mego figure may have been considered "cheap" in the past, today the production of cloth suits and boots etc is far more than the painted molded bodies like WWE, McFarlane, figures etc. I think with Doc's announcement that the Kirk and Klingon will be going to another run, and considering these were two figures most die hard collectors thought were a waste to produce, as a sign some new collector faces have to have entered the fray. And that is good. Could the EMCE Museum be a thing of the future? Who knows? Dave obviously feels the market is good enough to bring CA back to the world and Jay brings a whole new chapter by producing his own characters in the Mego style. Will Doc and Dave be able to return toys to a level where they again help expand a child's imagination rather than his ability to remember A-B-C-UP-Up-DOWN Finish him!!!? Will Jay be the next Todd McFarlane? Producing his own never ending line of independant characters in Mego form, some of which still lay dormant in a section of his brain yet untapped? Could CA and the Phantom reach to other properties yet unnamed? We already see Khan, Sulu, Chekov, a new more accurate Gorn and who knows what else coming from EMCE as newly produced figures missing from the original Mego roll call. Right now the US sits in one of its worst economic times in recent memory yet the "Mego" market as we know it seems to be flourishing. That's good in my opinion. While we may not see the WGSH line or some of the obvious figures, missed originally, by Mego produced, how many independant characters could Jay be shedding light onto from sources many may not be aware of? How many other independant comic artists would giggle like school girls to see their own renditions of their characters produced in plastic? Would a success by any of the forementioned people make biggies like DC and Marvel wake up and take notice? We may never see "Megos" in the mainstream retail outlets, but thus far that hasn't affected the success. Maybe that market is not what it's cracked up to be in relation to the toy lines we all know and love. At least not in this day and age.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• blastphemey
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 11, 2008

there is a shop in the mall near me that sells em.

Comment

• blastphemey
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 11, 2008

14.95 a peice

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by swoyerjay
                "Shops" are apt to sell them... "Box Stores": Highly unlikely it will ever happen...

Comment

• Mr Mego
                  Love to play with Megos
                  • Oct 19, 2003

Some EMCE available at the Mall and most at Comic Shops

Originally posted by swoyerjay
                  Yep, that's true. I went to Baybrook Mall in W Bay Area Blvd on by HWY I-45 (by South Houston,TX) and I entered "Suncoast" and I spotted EMCE Kirk and Klingon then I bought them last year but this year the Suncoast company shutted down..... I couldn't finding EMCE ST figs near me. I'll try to finding 'em in Almeda Mall in Houston or in Texas City, TX at small Mall. At Mall of the Mainland in Texas City, TX where I used to worked at for 5 yrs, they don't have a Toys shop anymore....... They had Kaybee's Toys. I found 'em at "Bed Rock City" Comic shop in Webster, TX Bedrock City - The Ultimate Comic Book Store and I bought 1 EMCE Andorian, 2 Romulans and the Keeper. They all looks awesome! I'm glad to have 'em in my vintage & modern Toys collection. They can delivery 'em there when it's out of stock. Also, they can put on hold for me when it's available then will call me thru TX Relay Agent (operator) I have a TTY (keyboard phone) - that's for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired (I'm Hearing Impaired). My Stepfather Terry and I went to two Comic shops in Houston, TX last 4 yrs ago and bought few Megos and some vintage Star Wars figs there but I can't drive down there and check 'em out again by myself because there's very heavy traffic and I'm too scare to driving down there from Dickinson, TX (I live there) and I might be lost in around Houston is horrible confusing stubways!!! Anyway, I'll check in the yellow book pages and call the Comic shops to see if they're available 'em then might mailing 'em to me, some are not!
                  Last edited by Mr Mego; Sep 23, '08, 12:31 AM. Reason: Added sentence
                  Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Captain
                    Fighting the good fight!
                    • Jun 17, 2001

I used to think we would never see them in a box store myself....Then, TRU in Canada started carrying the other Diamond figures. Except for the Deep Space 9 stuff, everything else sells out as fast as it hits the shelves....especially the Wrath of Khan stuff, and oddly enough, Stargate Atlantis.
                    TRU has since started carrying the larger items, like the chair/figure sets and the Phaser and ships. After all this, I cant rule out finding EMCE swinging on the pegs one day!
                    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Captain, I hope you're right...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Well if the Dc Direct stuff can pop up at KBs,why not EMCE stuff?

Comment

• Mr Mego
                          Love to play with Megos
                          • Oct 19, 2003

What's a "Box Store" stands for? What's it look like? Just curious.
                          Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Its got lots of boxes.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

My Toys R Us sells the Diamond Trek line and Battlestar Galactica. I find it strange they don't carry EMCE, even in small quantities. I'd probably end up buying it there just because I can.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎