X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Removing a broken wrist "pin" from a MEGO figure

I have a couple of MEGO figures that are usable and in pretty good shape except for one problem: Their hands are completely broken off...

They're broken in such a way that the entire hand and the wrist are busted off and the pin that would have attached the hand is still up in the arm...

Can any of you suggest a way to get the remaining part of the hand attachment out of there so I can then put in a replacement hand... I don't want to dig them out with anything because I'd think that may end up making the hole too big for a replacement to fit in, and I don't have a Dremel, so trying to lightly grind out the remaining wrist attachment wouldn't work for me either...

Any tips/suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
  • ThatBatmanGuy
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2007

Take a very small drill bit. Drill into the broken wrist pin. Take a very small screw and screw it into the hole as far as it will go. Dip the arm in boiling water for a few minutes. Take pliers and grip the screw. It should pop right out. If it strips the hole, just redrill and repeat the first steps. This works better than you think.

I've also done this with Micronaut ships that have a broken 5mm pin stuck. Works like a charm.

Bob

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

ThatBatmanGuy, that sounds like a good way to do it... I'll try that... Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎