• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

HBO's True Blood

Anybody watching this new HBO show?

They are going to repeat all first three episodes this weekend (if you have Comcast On Demand, you can instantly watch them right now).

It's about vampires coming out of the casket (lol) after Japanese scientists create a synthetic blood to replace real human blood. Vampires no longer hide...and are out and about mingling with humans in safety.

The synthetic blood now is available to vampires via commercially distributed bottles called True Blood...a la Coca Cola...lol. So you have vampires going to stores and buying six-packs of True Blood, lol.

However...there are still rogue vampires doing their thing.

It stars Anna Paquin as a telepath who can read people's minds...but not vampires....and she falls in love with a vampire.

It has lots of blood, gore...and nudity/sex...only on HBO...lol.

Check it out...I like it so far.
    sigpic
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

man I don't have HBO but that sounds good

I miss curb your enthusiasm and Entourage
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

That sounds like my kind of TV alright.Thanks for the heads up.
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

I like it, the wife loves it. It has some annoying parts---the brother, the girl friend...but it's promising. I like the lead actor, he's cool.
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
            Career Member
            • May 14, 2007

I have been enjoying HBO'sTrue Blood, which is based on the books by Charlaine Harris. I have read a few of the books and they are staying pretty faithful for the most part.
            Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Cool guys...I'm glad I'm not the only one watching it...it's really a good show.

sigpic

Comment

• lepage
                The Ape General
                • Aug 12, 2001

I have been watching it and so far love it. Between that and the new terminator, I am a pretty content tv viewer!

Comment

• Adam West
                  Museum CPA
                  • Apr 14, 2003

Thanks. I'll record them on my DVR and watch them when I get a chance.

My 11 year old has been wanting to read the book "Twilight" which is the first in a series of 4 books about a teenage vampire. I have it and told her I wanted to read it first to make sure it met my censorship. I'm about 1/2 way through it and so far, nothing that I find inappropriate.

A female friend of mine has already read it and doesn't think it's a good idea. Her issue is that the story line is written for females and although I don't see anything explicit in it, I'm reading it from a male point of view and am not grasping the emotional impact that it would have on a female reader.

If anyone else has read this book, especially any females; I'd be interested to know if you think it is appropriate for an 11 year old girl to read. Apparently, all of her friends are reading and talking about it and she doesn't want to be left out.
                  "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                  ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• supes
                    For the love of Mego's!
                    • Jan 19, 2004

The first episode was definatly better than the second one. But it is still on my watch list! The one thing that irratates me is the fact that the fangs are on the wrong teeth!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by Adam West
                      Thanks. I'll record them on my DVR and watch them when I get a chance.

My 11 year old has been wanting to read the book "Twilight" which is the first in a series of 4 books about a teenage vampire. I have it and told her I wanted to read it first to make sure it met my censorship. I'm about 1/2 way through it and so far, nothing that I find inappropriate.

A female friend of mine has already read it and doesn't think it's a good idea. Her issue is that the story line is written for females and although I don't see anything explicit in it, I'm reading it from a male point of view and am not grasping the emotional impact that it would have on a female reader.

If anyone else has read this book, especially any females; I'd be interested to know if you think it is appropriate for an 11 year old girl to read. Apparently, all of her friends are reading and talking about it and she doesn't want to be left out.

My wife was reading this, here's her opinion:

I'd deem it safe for tweens. I think that's why it's so popular. There's lots of breathing and smelling each other and exclamations about his perfect marble chest and topaz eyes, but that's about it. The device is that if they had sex, he wouldn't be able to control himself, and he would kill her. So no nookie.

The only danger is in having her exposed to such lousy plot and character (lack of) development. The romance was fun for about the first half, and then the ridiculousness starts to set in. However, I seem to be one of the lucky ones who has escaped. Most people are gaga over the series.

Spot on review:
                      navel gazing at its finest: Why I Think Twilight Sucks, and Other Important Thoughts

Comment

• bobws
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 13, 2008

I love Anna Paquin but don't have HBO, does anyone record this and can they send me off a disc?
                        "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Adam West
                          Museum CPA
                          • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by MegoScott
                          My wife was reading this, here's her opinion:

I'd deem it safe for tweens. I think that's why it's so popular. There's lots of breathing and smelling each other and exclamations about his perfect marble chest and topaz eyes, but that's about it. The device is that if they had sex, he wouldn't be able to control himself, and he would kill her. So no nookie.

The only danger is in having her exposed to such lousy plot and character (lack of) development. The romance was fun for about the first half, and then the ridiculousness starts to set in. However, I seem to be one of the lucky ones who has escaped. Most people are gaga over the series.

Spot on review:
                          navel gazing at its finest: Why I Think Twilight Sucks, and Other Important Thoughts
                          Here is what my female friend said word for word regarding the vampire protagonist. "I will tell you that EVERY woman wants an Edward...to be so attentive, loving and protective. We all want to be cherished with the passion and intensity that he gives. I say this..in theory. The reality , of course, is not what I would want. I would need more space..but I didn't care at all about reality in this story. Their love was very moving for me. I fell in love with both of them and had such a great desire for them to be together...I guess that's it..we all want a happy ending. Boy meets Girl, Boy Saves Girl and they live happily ever after...too bad real life doesn't quite work that way."
                          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Last episode...one of the waitresses mentioned it was a full moon...then later on near the end of the episode...you see Sookie's boss running naked in the woods.

Now without a doubt...Sookie's boss is the one who killed her grandmother.

Look for a werewolf to make a grand appearance soon.

sigpic

Comment

• megoscott
                              Founding Partner
                              • Nov 17, 2006

Yeah, that guy's totally a werewolf. Those dogs that keep showing up whenever she's in danger.

This show is annoying the heck out of me. I want to know what happens, but I hate almost everyone in it. Obnoxious characters.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎