• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Has anyone done a Black Widow custom?

I'm not talking about the Fantastic Covers one, she grimaced too much, and she looked like she was having a bad case of PMS.

I know I'm busy with my Fairy Godmother custom, but a BW shouldn't be too hard, should it?

I see a Mary Ellen head, one of DocMego's new female bodies, a tight black or navy blue suit, black boots, gloves (or black female hands, whichever), and a lariat.

Any other opinions?
    JediJaida
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by JediJaida

I'm not talking about the Fantastic Covers one, she grimaced too much, and she looked like she was having a bad case of PMS.

I know I'm busy with my Fairy Godmother custom, but a BW shouldn't be too hard, should it?

I see a Mary Ellen head, one of DocMego's new female bodies, a tight black or navy blue suit, black boots, gloves (or black female hands, whichever), and a lariat.

Any other opinions?

I will let you know in a month or two. She is on my daughter's list. I am just going to use a Mary Ellen head and some stuff I get from Dr. Mego. Simple.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Check out Brian Leitner's site...he's done one I believe...
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by The Toyroom
        Check out Brian Leitner's site...he's done one I believe...
        Brian Leitner is a custom mego costume god. I own several of his suits. I have banned myself from his site. If I go there, I am sending him money.

Comment

• bobbait
          What, me worry?
          • Jun 9, 2005

sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

I thought Black Widow had Red Hair... No ? ... I thought her suit was Grey witha Black Spider On it too.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ That was one of her many costumes, BK. ANd yeah I think she should have red hair, too. I got one of these on the table, in her old Tales of Suspense era costume.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                I thought Black Widow had Red Hair... No ? ... I thought her suit was Grey witha Black Spider On it too.
                Yeah 'Tasha is a redhead....the grey & black costume with the spider is the Frank Miller designed-suit from his Daredevil run. She had short hair with that suit.
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Cosmicman
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 12, 2005

I got a couple Famous Cover Black Widow heads if anyone wants them. They are way too ugly for anyone I need.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

I've done a Gasp!!! 12 inch Black widow...

Comment

• david_b
                      Never had enough toys..
                      • May 9, 2008

I like the Mary Ellen idea - Trying to get one now for a Leela custom for my Tom Baker. The custom use for BW is a great one, Jaida.. I wouldn't use the black boots ~ Just the suit, wrist and belt should be enough, and put black fabric on the neck as well..

That would finish it fine.

david_b
                      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Post a pic! Post a pic!

You're right about BW having red hair.

The thing is, I am loath (loathe?) to scalp and reroot a Mary Ellen head, because I don't want to ruin the value.

Just how much is a vintage, intact Mary Ellen worth, anyways?

I know that SG, WW, BG, et al are worth big bucks; are the Waltons worth that much?

Or are they common enough that I can scalp her with impunity and cackle madly whilst I do so?
                        JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I'd sacrifice a Mary Ellen to re-root, they're relatively inexpensive.

I've wondered if anyone has done a Black Widow in her original caped/fishnets version?
                          Austin Hough has comics art of her posted in his museum user gallery.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ That's sorta the one I have planned.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

If you can Hold Out for the Hair,... Mego4me ,.. or whatever Offer's those New Supergirl Heads with Re-rooted hair evey few Months On Ebay as Thorpuck. He Always has a few Red Heads. The Average Price they go for is about 20 bucks. They are very Nice too.

Big thanks for the FeedBack on the Costume,.. I know in the Recent cartoons,.. She is in all Black & has Guns,.. or something. I only really have one actual Comicbook of Her IN IT,.. like aahhh X-Men 268 or Something,.. Where she's on the Cover By Jim Lee with Captain America & Wolvie. So thats all I really Know of her from the books.

I'd like to see what this 1st App.. Looks Like if someone has a pic.
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎