X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Comic Book Geek
    Stays Crunchy in Milk
    • Aug 2, 2004

Back from Disney World and exhausted

I'm so tired as I write this I cannot describe. I'm currently in a haze. My family and I just got back from 4 days at Disney World. It was my first time there, and I was amazed by the place. The midwest has the best coasters ever. Disney coasters don't match up to thier speed or thrill factor, but in every other way they are the standard. The shows and 3-D movies flipped me out. It was amazing and I'm beat. I'd love to sleep right now but I must get right back at work and put in about another 5 hours of catch up. so tired.
    Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

It is a pretty awesome place. We hope to go again next year. Fingers crossed!
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Welcome back! Hope you catch up on your rest soon!
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Welcome back. Gotta love vacations that you need a vacation to recover from.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Hey, being exhausted means you had fun
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Adam West
            Museum CPA
            • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
            I'm so tired as I write this I cannot describe. I'm currently in a haze. My family and I just got back from 4 days at Disney World. It was my first time there, and I was amazed by the place. The midwest has the best coasters ever. Disney coasters don't match up to thier speed or thrill factor, but in every other way they are the standard. The shows and 3-D movies flipped me out. It was amazing and I'm beat. I'd love to sleep right now but I must get right back at work and put in about another 5 hours of catch up. so tired.
            It is fantastic. It's been 4 years since our last visit but would like to get back sometime soon. The roller coasters are more about an entire sights and sounds experience and not just gargantuan drops....The Aerosmith coaster is fantastic as well as Space Mountain and another one that I can't remember (Area 51 or something....basically an alien theme type ride). The only thing I would change going back is not spend so much time at Animal Kingdom (we already have the National Zoo in driving distance so it wasn't a big deal to see animals) or eat many meals at the parks. The lunches were fine and we really liked the restaurant that was designed like a drive-in movie. We also enjoyed grabbing a dessert over in Epcot in the Country section of the park.

We're leaving tomorrow for Philadelphia to see the King Tut exhibit. We'll spend an extra day there to visit the mint, the Liberty bell, eat one of those nasty Philly cheesesteaks from (Pat's I think it's called) and then run up the Rocky steps.
            "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
              Stays Crunchy in Milk
              • Aug 2, 2004

Our favorite rides were Dinosaur, Star Tours, Mission Space, Soarin', and Buzz Lightyear

My favorite time on a ride believe it or not was Jungle Cruise. The cast member that "drove" the boat was hysterical. He shot out jokes at machine gun pace. He was simply amazing and i laughed constantly. As we were going under the water fall he said, "Are we headed for impending doom? A certain Death? A horrible end? Eh, who am I kidding? This is Disney, this whole thing dumps out into another gift shop."

We had a fantastic time. Proper use of the Fast Pass (the greatest invention since the roller coaster) and we rode everything we wanted to except a couple things that were closed. (Haunted Mansion, Rock-n-Rollercoaster) After it was too late I'd wished we'd seen the Lion King show.

I was worried we'd spent money on a couple options that we'd regret, but afterward I was glad we'd done it. Park Hopper was great. We were done with MGM and Animal Kingdom in the afternoon and spent those evenings at the Magic Kingdom (our favorite) Also recomended is the dinner plan. It saved us between $50 to $75 a day. We researched this trip more than any other we've been on and it paid off. Best family vacation we've ever taken, and I'm already planning the next trip there.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Sounds like you had a great time! We were planning on going in the fall, but then we found out Baby #2 was on the way, so Disney got pushed back a few years.

I'll have to remember those tips. I may hit you up for info one of these days!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                  Stays Crunchy in Milk
                  • Aug 2, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Sounds like you had a great time! We were planning on going in the fall, but then we found out Baby #2 was on the way, so Disney got pushed back a few years.

I'll have to remember those tips. I may hit you up for info one of these days!

Chris

By all means hit me up when the time comes. I talked several times to a friend that's been there 4 times with his family and it really helped. Also we researched the rides and restaurants from a couple of books. Research pays off at Disney. Every time I walked the fast pass lane and passed people that were spending over an hour in line I scratched my head and wondered what they were thinking.

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

I love Disney,the Magic Kingdom is my favorite place in the world,we actually had our Honeymoon vacation in Disney for 8 straight days
                    for roller coasters Islands of adventure is the place to go dude,Disney is more to relax and for kids.I'll be heading there myself this weekend
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Adam West
                      Museum CPA
                      • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
                      By all means hit me up when the time comes. I talked several times to a friend that's been there 4 times with his family and it really helped. Also we researched the rides and restaurants from a couple of books. Research pays off at Disney. Every time I walked the fast pass lane and passed people that were spending over an hour in line I scratched my head and wondered what they were thinking.
                      If you do your homework, Disney is great. You will definitely have a leg up on most people. Best thing to do is grab those fast passes for the popular rides (my wife and daughter didn't want to ride some like Splash Mountain....so we got their fast passes and my son and I rode them twice). It's also good to go early in the morning and hit some of the more popular rides before they get out of control. Even though Pirates of the Carribean and Haunted Mansion have been there forever, the lines can become extremely long.
                      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• English Paul
                        Archive cased.
                        • Aug 17, 2005

We did EuroDisney last year and it`s the first time I have ever needed a holiday after having a holiday. It is so full on but worth every minute of it. We did 3 days at Disney/MGM and one day in Paris. I`d be back tomorrow if I had the chance. We went out of the school holidays and didn`t use fastpasses one and didn`t queue more than 15 minutes for anything.
                        "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• gman
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 4, 2002

We stay at the Park's hotels when we go and 2 features that are offered are:

1 hr early opening of 1 park a day during the week for resort guests

and

E ticket night at Magic Kingdom -- where all the popular rides are open from 10 - 1 am .. you can definately ride all the cool rides twice if you work it right.

Favorite line from favorite ride --
                          "Step into the dead center of the room"
                          Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                            Stays Crunchy in Milk
                            • Aug 2, 2004

Originally posted by gman
                            We stay at the Park's hotels when we go and 2 features that are offered are:

1 hr early opening of 1 park a day during the week for resort guests

and

E ticket night at Magic Kingdom -- where all the popular rides are open from 10 - 1 am .. you can definately ride all the cool rides twice if you work it right.

Favorite line from favorite ride --
                            "Step into the dead center of the room"
                            We stayed at a Disney resort and will do the same next time we go. Another cool thing they do is the maid service arranges the kid's toys and stuffed animals differently every day while you're out. We would come back to the room and try and guess what (In our case Goofy, Mickey and Dumbo) would be doing when we opened the door.

Plus with the dinner plan we could eat at the resort.

Comment

• Adam West
                              Museum CPA
                              • Apr 14, 2003

The last time we went, we hit the parks in mid October which is one of the slowest times of the year and took the kids out of school.

The weather was nice around low 80's most of the time and although the parks were still pretty crowded, they weren't as bad as the stories I have heard.
                              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎